We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Mazin1

Aquan Infantry

With the imminent release of the recon and infantry box, is infantry worth taking.

Our infantry seems pretty lack luster compared to others faction infantry. Every game I find myself taking less and less in my list comps in favor of our LRS.

So what’s the forums thoughts on this?

Aquan infantry's major shortcomings are their transport and quantity not so much quality. Sweeper teams bring them up to the old Nyx amount of 16AD with 18DR total (19DR w/Officer.) 12AD @10" from the gun teams isn't anything to laugh at either when it's sitting on an objective. Toss in the Officer to the gun team config and you can fire at an occupied objective to soften the troops inside before Assaulting it. The Khitari aren't lacking in capability, but their transport sucks and you get... two units both tied to the same transport unit. The Sedna is a rear support tank, that carries troops. Sorylians honestly have the same issue, which their recon also fixes. You can't shoot 10" or take a building when you're 30" away. New transports should fix this, especially if they are assault.

I agree with Max. It's not the infantry that's bad (they're not great, like Dindrenzi or Directorate with umpteen special rules, but not actually bad), it's usually their manoeuvrability that suffers due to the only transport available is needed as one of the few decent sledgehammers in a army of harassers. 

I've tried foot slogging to a decently placed secondary, and it's not something I'd recommend.

Properly set up, a unit with officer and Maelstroms should be able to make a decent dent in a dug-in unit, Hit-n-run is not a bad officer ability.

how do we know that the transport sucks? where are you looking at the stats?

I think they're talking about the transport that is currently avaliable for the Khitari - the Sedna Heavy Tank. I believe the argument is its a poor transport since its designed to stay back and snipe with hit and run, as opposed to a proper APC which charges up and unleashes the infantry held within.

This might change once the Recon helix hits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.