Fabiusm

Video Battlereport Valhala Mission 6

I think the Dindrenzi in this mission needs to forget everything about their usual slow approach to the objective and speed up to get the station before it gets repaired.

Anywasy Nice video report! :)

Thanks for sharing!

at least double the time of the Video, more likely triple.

especailly if we realise some bigger mistakes, we go back for that activation and do all the rolling again,

In a normal game I would have a rough idea where to shoot, and calculate every weapon System when it is there turn, in the Videos we prepare all/Most dice before, so the thought process is not Screen time.

Some of the smaller missions can be played fast, (DW1 or BFPP1), but a normal sized game will take a full evening (20.00-23.00+) if we film it.

for the early reports we needed much more time to make the Video, the big FA Report was two evening, but by now er are used to the camera and the set up so it is getting Routine.

I would like to see more reports from other People!

Regards

Nice report again. Just want to bring to your attention the way you play TACs is pretty strange. Sometimes you choose them before rolling initiative and sometimes after rolling. What is the main thing is you completely ignore rules about playing TACs as you reveal them when you want, so at some point during a turn. It happened for example with Drives to Maximum on Terran Cruisers as when you activated them you rolled the Command Check and gave Tyrant extra movement. All this should be done before rolling initiative. Before initiative when you decide if you play a TAC reveal them together and roll appropriate checks etc. and apply the results - some results will take effect only after you activate the squadron, but that's all. Just read page 94 paragraph Playing TACs.

If you house ruled it somehow than just ignore me.

Poor Dindrenzi...after his speedy move Tyrant firing at Secutor with his Beams and 3CP damage, so that should be 5AD [(11-3=8/2=4) + (9-3=6/2=3/2=1) = 5] not 7AD. He is also probably firing through more than 6" of asteroids, so LoS blocked.

TAC Cards,

we choose them normally at the start of the turn, if possible before initative, but especially in the first round we tend to Forget that.

we then reveal those that have a General effect, but Keep those hidden (next to the squadron) that have a one squadron effect until this squadron activates.

makes it a bit more diffictult for the Opponent to judge which TAC is played,

we could Display them all for better understanding of the Videos in future, it won't have an Impact on our games. (since we know each other it is hard to surprise each other by now),

I noticed that too, but you can see they often already have prepared dices to roll for each attack (sometimes those dices are next to the target) so I guess they just prepare it all and start filming when they actually fire. So they actually declare all of them before they fire, you only can't see it on the video.

yes we declare all attcks before roling dice, and either put down the dice, or at least tell the Opponent before we start filming,

I believe the video is better to view if we declare (and give you the AD numbers) every type of attack before we roll them,

the other Option would be to declare and calculate them all on Video, and then roll them, Primaries first, then secondaries,... which will make the Videos much longer.