gr1mdan

[Pic Heavy] Terran vs Dindrenzi - Picture Report!

Managed to retrieve a load of pictures from myself and Duffs [non forum] game between his Terran battlegroup and my Dindrenzi strike force. I'll try put a little caption for each but just thought they'd be nice for you lot to look at.

The Forces are deployed.

20150408_120554_zpssssmigt0.jpg20150408_121639_zpsjfps2net.jpg

20150408_121644_zpslh4l4irf.jpg

Charlie 0-1 this is Alpha Eris 2, enemy contact front. Engaging.

20150408_124528_zpsebun6g9b.jpg

Sir, Recon have made contact with enemy Leviathan. Orders?

20150408_121653_zpsezvdiqbu.jpg

Delta 1-2 we have made planetfall. Moving on to key targets now. Enemy air support in the area.

20150408_132219_zpsnrz6olgg.jpg

The first picture I saw made me think of Command and Conquer 2. I really like the terrain and the Terran players Hawker Guardsman look awesome.

How does one get these proto buildings from Spartan?

Duffs Terrans - would be mine gr1mdan, and yes I am on the forum, lurk, lurk :)

It was a great game, alas I lost, although we reconviened the battle in space straight after this game (ie Firestorm Armada) with the same forces and the Din got a spanking from my Terran/Hawker fleet, a 1-1 draw on the day.

Gotta love a full day playing Firestorm :)

We used the fences as LOS Blocking to Smalls only.

Terrain felt good. It was open enough to give some decent firing lanes but not that easy you could just sit there, still needed to move a little bit.

I find Terrans (in Duffs instance) do play better with this amount of terrain or less. They are so slow that even a fully built up urban area doesn't give them an unfair advantage but they do just fine we find in this amount. I had the advantage with some of the bigger buildings on my side so used the hit and run MAR to my advantage but I still ended up losing pretty much both Eris squdrons.

I think Duff could have played the Odin a tiny bit more aggressive and gone in the middle and flat out for a turn or two, to threaten the middle objectives more. It's all learning though :-)

+1 on where to get mat and terrain!

Atropos and Allegro, I cant help you with the mat, however I believe the tall buildings were Spartan prototypes which they sent to some of their stockists. Sadly they are not available to buy  :( . Who knows, one day they might be though - we can but hope! 

They were from Litko Chris.

At that height they are quite unstable unless glued in so I'm going to be nipping them down an inch or two just to make them more stable.

They definitely look better than the normal ones but can be a bit prone to knocking down :P