tank0625

So what's the best Kurak Alliance Fleet?

In your opinion what's the best Kruck Alliance fleet? Who should be the core faction and who should companment them. Is there a difference between 800, 1200 and 2000 points? Also who has the best tier 1, 2 and 3.

Here are some of my best of class choices.

For best core faction Hawker, it's hard to pass up on the +3 fleet bonus.

Tier 1 choices

If points are no object, Xelocian Dreadnought Hulaka.

Value for the points, Hawker Battleship Excelsior and Tarakan Battleship Sanarl.

For carriers

If points are no object, Ryushi Battlecarrier Shautrai.

Value for the points, Hawker Carrier Regent.

I agree with your choices.    Its hard not to go with Hawker as the core fleet.  

Tier 2 -  Hands down my favorite is the Terquai Makalu Torpedo Cruiser  (this bad boy always removes more than its share of points, park it, sector shield it and fire away)

Second is the Veydreth Savage Destroyer (they have just been a total pain for my opponent to remove)

I agree with your choices. Its hard not to go with Hawker as the core fleet.

Tier 2 - Hands down my favorite is the Terquai Makalu Torpedo Cruiser (this bad boy always removes more than its share of points, park it, sector shield it and fire away)

Second is the Veydreth Savage Destroyer (they have just been a total pain for my opponent to remove)

Also agree with your tier 2s. There is so many good tier 2s, so I'm still thinking about it.

I feel like it's a toss up between Hawker industries and Ryuishi. They both have options for Tier 1, and a straightforward play style. The fact they also are fully supported with models helps too.

Veydreth are cool and have options, but tricky thanks to ambush, so they make a poor core choice. Tarakian frigates need some tweaking; Terquai and Xelocians are waiting for models, and only have Dreadnoughts, so you cannot use them as a patrol fleet core.

For tier 2 choices.

I like to add.

Xelocian crusier Tindaku

A lot of firepower at extreme distances, 4 ship squadron, cheap, good AP and great shields.

Next is the Tarakan cruiser

Weapons are un-effected by damage, 4 ship squadron, grav weapons are not effected by shields, good firepower and cheap.

I had such a horrible time putting the Xelocian cruisers together, I hesitate to even move them from the shelf.

I need to use the models in a game (I have proxied them before)

The Ryushi Hokita cruiser , although expensive, is a good cruiser. Great PD, excellent broadsides and 4 ship squadron. Have done very well in every game. Just hard to fit in a full squadron points wise, when not the core fleet.

I had such a horrible time putting the Xelocian cruisers together, I hesitate to even move them from the shelf.

I need to use the models in a game (I have proxied them before)

The Ryushi Hokita cruiser , although expensive, is a good cruiser. Great PD, excellent broadsides and 4 ship squadron. Have done very well in every game. Just hard to fit in a full squadron points wise, when not the core fleet.

I know the Xelocian crusiers where tough. I did a how to put them togather post. Here's the link. I used rubber bands btw.

http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/906-tank0625-assembling-xelocian-hantari-cruisers-step-by-step/

The Ryushi crusier is a good crusier. The cost isn't bad.

I feel like it's a toss up between Hawker industries and Ryuishi. They both have options for Tier 1, and a straightforward play style. The fact they also are fully supported with models helps too.

Veydreth are cool and have options, but tricky thanks to ambush, so they make a poor core choice. Tarakian frigates need some tweaking; Terquai and Xelocians are waiting for models, and only have Dreadnoughts, so you cannot use them as a patrol fleet core.

I agree!

I have two successful fleets.

@Patrol fleet: Ryushi core with Tarakian battleship

@Battle fleet: Hawker core with Tarakian cruisers or Xelocian dreadnought. Ryushi corvettes to fill points

Okay... so, the Haluka. If points are no object, sure, whatever. But points are an object, and while the Haluka is a wonderful, almost absurdly powerful beatstick I don't think a beatstick is worth 320 before upgrades. I'm of the mindset that you'd be bettwe off investing in more Xelocian cruisers and ending up with a more versatile choice that still beatsticks like its nobody's business. The thing to remember is that even if a 20 AD attack is scary, double crits are all or none- against a CR 10 BB, 19 hits is still a single crit. It makes me sad that a decidedly average Dread with flashy numbers gets so much attention, because the Resulka is the Dread we should be talking about. Granted, Turkeys in general work better as elements of another fleet, but the Resulka is just so great on so many levels. It has the best traits of the two cruiser variants, on a Dread-sized package... it's easy to gloss over, statistics-wise, but give it a good look and think about how much better it can support pretty much any other fleet than the Haluka can.

My picks would have to be...

T1: Resulka Dread, see above

T2: Tindaku cruisers, while I would be inclined to say that Turkey cruisers of either description would be a better choice, the Xelocian cruiser is one that adds a lot while doing very little to hurt your budget, without having to make a choice between two specializations.

T3: Veydreth Corvettes. No other T3 is standout the way these guys are- it is truly a shame that its so hard to fit non-core T3s into a support fleet, because 9 point minefields on elusive target is just... it's beautiful. Veydreth, though, suffer from the exact opposite problem Terquai do, though, in that they operate best alone or as natural allies.

Just some counter points concerning the Hulaka:

1: Split fire for +5pts, with the AD values present this is a good investment, now it can sweep Tier 2 ships like a Titan can, it allows for truly flexible arrangement of AD, a rare case where Split Fire is good.

2: Get targets in 3 arcs, the threat factor of this ship being capable of critting 3 enemy Larges (even DNs) with just gunnery alone is never to be shirked at, even double critting Mediums if you can't get a Large, the Hulaka should wade right in.

3: Inbuilt SRS support out of the box, it has the capacity to field SRS right off the bat and support the fleet, even better you can upgrade it to 8 SRS and take a compliment of bombers and then a 2 strong support token, or split 5/3 if you want, this adds yet another threat angle to the ship, and simultaneously fleet support with interceptors or shuttles.

4: Corrosion + Split Fire can demolish squads, you can spread tokens like nobodies business.

Don't over-focus on that big fore gun, it has plenty of other tools, and quite simply no other ship is as quite capable of outputting so much damage in one go, and it can repeat this over and over if it keeps finding targets.

T3: Veydreth Corvettes. No other T3 is standout the way these guys are- it is truly a shame that its so hard to fit non-core T3s into a support fleet, because 9 point minefields on elusive target is just... it's beautiful. Veydreth, though, suffer from the exact opposite problem Terquai do, though, in that they operate best alone or as natural allies.

I have to disagree, for one reason. Pure Support Fleets can field whatever they want from their Support Fleet factions after filling out all mandatory core faction choices. It shouldn't be that hard to find 150 points to field a full squadron of 5 Veydreth Corvettes with Mines.

Also, it's too bad I don't have any Turkey players in my area, so I can butcher the pronunciation like spellcheck.

I field a Ryushi Fleet, and then if points allow, I've Xelocian Frigates, Terquai Torpedo and Assualt Cruisers. I find pairing the Ryushi Battle Carrier with Bombers and the Carrier with Fighters through the centre of the table works well. They tend to be able to survive in order to launch all their wings, and they cause a BIG distraction.

This then allows me to flank with the Hotari Cruisers with the Terquai Torpedo Cruisers picking ships off from afar. Depending on the points. I like to jump in the Assault Cruisers. I've had great success using a targeted strike from the Wings on Tier 1 ships to knock the PD out, then capturing them with the freshly arrived assault cruisers.

I'd like to expand my Alliance fleet to include a Xelocian fleet, but waiting on Spartan to make the ships for it yet!

I field a Ryushi Fleet, and then if points allow, I've Xelocian Frigates, Terquai Torpedo and Assualt Cruisers. I find pairing the Ryushi Battle Carrier with Bombers and the Carrier with Fighters through the centre of the table works well. They tend to be able to survive in order to launch all their wings, and they cause a BIG distraction.

This then allows me to flank with the Hotari Cruisers with the Terquai Torpedo Cruisers picking ships off from afar. Depending on the points. I like to jump in the Assault Cruisers. I've had great success using a targeted strike from the Wings on Tier 1 ships to knock the PD out, then capturing them with the freshly arrived assault cruisers.

I'd like to expand my Alliance fleet to include a Xelocian fleet, but waiting on Spartan to make the ships for it yet!

I do like your tactics with Ryushi. Do you have any issues with cyber warfare weapons? Also, do you use your Ryushi crusier squadron or battlecarrier or fighters to sweep away their interceptors?

I think Xelocian Frigates are good cheap Frigates with no download sides.

If you're not wanting to mix races, then pure Tarakian and pure Ryushi w/max SRS can be really strong vs. most opponents.

Kurak Alliance works best when you support weaknesses in your fleet with strengths from another though. For example Terquai have the strongest assault tier so if you want that you would choose them to supplement whatever else Kurak. If you want cyberwarfare weapons add in Hawker etc. etc.

Xelocians feel like "Dindrenzi lite" to me. Hopefully the rules will be updated when the models are.