c0rruptd

c0rruptd's Dindrenzi

Sure can Atropos_Priest!

I work from a matte black primer basecoat, then applying a dark grey (I use VMC German Grey) coat using an airbursh, trying to leave the black in as many crevasses as possible. Then, I do a quick very, very light drybrush using a medium grey (I use VGC Cold Grey) to 'highlight' everything. And, that's it... :P

Seal the whole thing using a matte varnish, then carry on to the next colours. :D

So, I got my Recon Helix the other day (by which, I mean at lunchtime... About 12 hours ago...) and though 'You know what, I'm gonna see what damage I can do to this bad by before midnight!'

Now, I'm not that big of a fan of the Dindrenzi Recon Helix, in either it's apparent game usage, or the models themselves. I think we Avengers of Dramos got a bit short changed in this particular box, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt which means I bought it. Which then means I have to paint it... :P

So, the Mk I Field Guns are half done, but the picture I thought I'd put up is the Recon Nyx, with their 3 Gun Teams and enforced Officer. I removed all the gun shields as I mentioned in an earlier post and replaced them with whatever took my fancy... :P

And here's the results!

20150617_235924_2.jpg

...and I'm back, this time with MOAR Recon Helix fun!

Although I had finished the majority of them last night, I managed to get enough done today to finish off the Sky Drop guns!

I was a little hesitant about how these would actually go, but after a test game today, they proved quite efficient at 'removing obstacles' such as dug in Directorate Grand Companies on a Secondary Objective before the Nyx mopped up... Also, I quite like how the Flambard looks from the back. :P

20150618_181356.jpg

20150618_181456.jpg

20150618_181542(0).jpg

Next up, another Drop Pod (so many drop pods...) and then getting stuck back into my Nyx Upgrades! :D

Reese

Thanks guys!

Another quick update, managed to finish off a Sweeper Team last night, meaning I only have 2 more Sweeper Cadres and 1 more Gun Cadre to go! So close... :D

20150619_115040.jpg

I tried to mix the rifle Nyx and Rocket Launcher Nyx up a bit, and added some additional junk to the bases to make them a bit more interesting. And yes, I do realise barbed wire is utterly pointless against soldiers in power armour, but dammit, it looks cool! :P

Anyways, back to it!

Cheers,
Reese

Nice !

You could clean (sanding or scratching) the bottom of the base border when preparing it for the paint, don't you think ? :)

Tempted, but its honestly only noticeable at a very close distance and when on something that contrasts this starkly. :P

I return once more, with stories and images of my painting epic! :P

On Tuesday, I got my hands on my shiny new RSN Assault Helix, arguably one of my favourite helixes to date (who DOESN'T love giant flying sword-wielding robots? :wub:  ). Since I have zero self-control, I very promptly assembled, primed and painted the Archangel X5, aka the "Harbinger of Vengeance".

Now, while I managed to get basically everything done Tuesday night, I was actually quite scared to paint the Spear of Dramos. After that amount of effort, I was worried I'd screw something up, especially since it was my first time painting a blade in this manner. However, on Wednesday night after a few beers, I couraged up and attack the task, and I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out. Like, 85% happy...  :lol: 

Anyways, picture time!

20150701_171237.jpg

20150701_171226.jpg

Also, because I couldn't resist... Giant Robot Family Photo Time!  ^_^ 

20150701_172746.jpg

Next up... Probably the Seraph Light tanks. The Temple is on hold as I ran out of green-stuff, and I want to model a bit of a crater around it to make the base a little more interesting. And have some banners unfurled from the sides with the Dindrenzi symbol on them! Shame... It is a helluva model and I'm looking forward to painting it!

At any rate, Reese out!

Cool robot :)

I think it lack some grey or white on the helmet to create a focus point. And maybe at some other places. :)

I've been debating that, but I'm simply not sure what to do to apply the white/light grey. There just isn't anything obvious. So for now, I've held off. :D

I was a bit skeptical about the Icarus' myself, but now that I have them 'in the resin' so to speak, I really like them. They are basically a brick with engines and some missiles bolted on! Love it! :D