Sign in to follow this  
cas

Veydreth racial rule rewording

Is there any reason the veydreth racial rule is worded the way it is? 

It seems a little cumbersome. It could just say 'Any veydreth unit with pinpoint rolls an extra die when resolving pinpoint damage'.

Its not a big deal but in terms of game flow one roll is way better than two. Especially when the two methods are mathematically equivalent.

Some of the more mathematically adept players dont mind me rolling it this way but some cant figure it, especially in the heat of the game.

My two cents for a small gameplay improvement.

Cas

Because if they just rolled one extra die, why don't they just increase all the pinpoint values by one?

JK...there's no good reason to reroll one pinpoint die as opposed to rolling one extra die unless you don't want to kill what you're shooting at yet.

I just assumed that Spartan was really struggling to come up with a special rule for Veydreth, so they came up with this.

Would have been cooler if Veydreth units only had to stay 8" from the enemy during Recon Moves or something, instead of the normal 16". It's a minor thing, but interesting.