We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Hicks

The recon helix...

Do we have confimation that the content of the box will be:

• 8 Marana Light Skimmers
  • 1 Larata Medium Transport
  • 5 Khitari Light Infantry Bases

It doesn't match the pictures on Spartan's webstore and to be honest, I would much rather have 4x Marana, 2x Larata and 10x Khitari.

I don't see the point of two boxes anyway (except for playing a pure Aquan Inf heavy planetary assault themed list, which I'd like to eventually do), but it would be nice to have some decent manpower to go on the offensive with, not just the defensive Cadres in the Core helix or the human drones.

While one Cadre in an APC (or should we call it an IFV? Look at the size of that cannon on top! I'm guessing it's a Maelstrom...) is more than we currently have, I really would prefer two Cadres and one unit of lights.

Unfortunately, the differing price point of our Helix compared to everyone else leads me to believe that the image is wrong and the text is correct, I'm assuming four lights are cheaper to produce than one APC and five infantry bases.

As it stands, I'm waiting for the rules for the new lights before deciding on anything, it looks like there might be some missile armament which could come in handy. 

I'm hoping for Venom missiles, rather than Stingrays, to complement the infantry assault theme.

If the past is anything to go on, it is much more likely that the contents listed is wrong and the picture is right, since the only thing previously I recall that comes close to this is the Hawker Helix box listing 3 Guardsmen instead of 4? Also the fluff description states that the TransportS, plural not singular, are led by a Squadron, singular not plural. So my guess is the content list is messed up and it is probably the pic that is correct, with 2 APCs, 2 Infantry Cadres and 1 Skimmer squadron.

Two ACPs with a capacity of 10 each (that way you could carry the squads fully upgraded). Im hopeful the description is wrong. Carrying two squads in 1 vehicle is just a BIG target.

Unless they make an exception you are only allowed 1 unit per infantry carrier. OFC grand companies still only count as one.

I for one wouldnt really want Aquans to gain grand companies, I already painted up 6 bases to have commanders (different colored armour ala halo style) so it would look odd in that formation, that being said just because we have grand companies doesnt mean we have to use them.

It really does look like a mistake in the item description, the terrans and directorate are getting 2 APC tanks in their recon helixs. Even in the aquan helix description blurb it mentions Larata Troop Transports as a plural.

Kinda weird the description doesn't match the photograph, really hope its a mistake D: I need moar tanks to transport my walking fish cavalry.

Just bought one of these, I also bought the soryllian recon, because I on paper I'm underwhelmed by our own and the idea of unleashing a wild pack of dinosaurs on the  enemy fills me with glee. only downside being the lack of Arial helices.... when they eventually come out. 

Yes, I've used it, and it is a very nice toolkit helix, especially if you concentrate on taking and holding secondaries.

In the game I used it, I had one squad with Sweepers and one with gun teams, and together with their APCs and the Lights they brought down a Temple and most of the Seraphs, as well as solidly occupying a secondary building (with a reserve force ready to Storm if someone tried to remove the initial occupants)

Always glad to help a fellow fish....

While infantry is a little bit tricky to use in Planetfall, it can be very good if used correctly, and the Recon helix can do precisely that. We've got plenty of tools to deal with several threats (Interceptor, Scatter, AP and CQB) in one Helix, and while our infantry is hardly the best, two full squadrons with APC support is nothing to disregard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.