Sign in to follow this  
Commander Drakere

Directorate Change Log 2.2

Patriots - Sweeper Teams and Gun Teams both went up from 0-2 to 0-3

Witch Interceptors - DR changed from 5-5 to 5-4

Corrected which way the change went. :)

Also, Wraith Leviathan increased in TV from 13 to 15.

Unfortunately, the switched LR and EF ranges on the Wraith's flamethrower remain incorrect (LR - 10", EF - 15"?)

Guest Delboy

The Directorate Leviathan Flamethrower Ranges should be changed in the next draft!

Cheers

d

Was hoping for something a bit more...  substantial as far as Directorate changes go.  Drugged infantry turning into probably the strongest CQC machines in the game is nice, but feels like the rest of the core is still struggling.  May have to wait and see if the upcoming helixes change that around somewhat.

Guest Delboy

lol..... The Directorate players in the Beta Team might disagree.....they are crushing all before them at present!

d

0-3 Sweepers and 0-3 Gun teams leaves nasty options for Patriots... 3 Gun teams makes for 15AD attack at 10", that's firepower not to be messed with and I don't think any other Light Infantry can match it? It's as much firepower as a unit of 5 Terran Valkyrie Light Tanks throw out!. Likewise, with Sweepers and initiating CQB for Kill Team, the Patriot Infantry will be probably second hardest hitting infantry in the game. Makes that Grand Company that the Wraith will be deploying all the more deadly now...

Delboy. Can ypu give us more info? Are these directorate players doing these feats with only released models or other units not yet released? Are the directorate players playing opponents of equal skill? I ask because the experience, the other members of my playgroup , and I are having is that the directorate is still very weak. So much so that the three directorate players have switched to other forces. I love the look of the army, but it is not fun to play games where it feels like I have my arm tied behind my back.

I've only played 3 small games of Planetfall now - won against Sorylians, narrowly lost a game against Terrans (or narrowly won, I can't remeber which way round it was but it was a close game!) and lost against Relthoza.

From my limited experience the Directorate aren't underpowered. The game I lost against the Relthoza I substituted a squadron of light tanks for a second heavy, and was immediately punished for it when the relthoza heavy gutted it, leaving me with not enough firepower and too few scoring units to compensate.

I feel like the directorate are very mid-field objective focused - making sure you have enough lights to take the objectives early, then trundling the heavy hitters towards the mid field obtive(s) is the way forwards. If you're using Works Raptor witches to neutralise the enemy's longer ranged heavy-hitters, then you should be fine.

I also feel that the release of the gnships will seriously change the dynamic of the Directorate, enabling you to get some nasty hard punches in early.

In all, even with my limited experience, I don't feel that the Directorate are underpowered if you use their tools correctly.

I should add here that I feel ltaking enough light tanks to deal with enemy infantry is key here. Not enough anti-infanry and scoring units really hurts the Directorate, especially agains Relthoza. And I imagine against Dindrenzi too.