We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Akbar Returns

how do helix's work

Hi

Im just about to start my collection and want a competitive list or as op as I can :-) the group I play with is all about the power. But I don't have a clue how this list building works. From what I understand you get one core helix no more no less, but then why do spartan sell a double box if everything you need is in the one? And then recon helix is allies and heavy helix is the big tank, where would I get my field support, air helix or assault helix from?

If anyone could help that would be great

Thanks

Everything you need is only true for the non-core Helixs. A Core Helix box atm will give you Half of your potential maximum Core Helix (check the ORBATs, you'll see) so to have a fully decked out Core Helix, you'll need two boxs, not one. The Heavy/Leviathan and other helixs to come which you Attach to the core will all contain all the possible options for that helix wthin them.

As for rest, they're not out yet basically. Planetfall is still young, barely 6 months old. Right now we have Core Helix boxs, Heavy Helix and Leviathan Helix, with the Aquans also having access to the Terquai Helix (Natural allies) and the Hawker Industry Helix (Non-natural allies). Coming months should see release of the Recon Helix and the Aerial Helix according to the Elemental 270 podcast, but essentially the rest are still coming mate. :P

Yes, you just have to meet the minimum requirement to field the Core Helix that is listed in the ORBATs (1 Heavy squadron, 1 medium squadron and 1 light squadron I believe) though if you want to field a Heavy squadron of 2 Sednas you'll need to buy a second Core Helix box to get the second Sedna Heavy Hover Tank. x) And whilst we do have 3-4 of the Helixs available (if counting Terquai as Recon and Hawker as Aerial) there is only 2 Helixs of 6 currently for primary factions, Terquai and Hawker are just minor faction allies, with Terquai being Natural allies to Aquans.

Not an Aquan player myself, so can't answer about the infantry, though they don't look bad to me, their problem mainly seems to be in finding a method to deliver them, since the Sedna's are the only unit currently capable of transporting them. The Terquai Recon Helix people have been using much more to my knowledge to provide infantry instead. Artillery wise, can't answer that really, not enough is known! Currently Artillery is limited to primarily off the board, and is something that you call down using Artillery Markers from units that provide them, to my knowledge none of the Aquans have them YET but you can get in the ally Hawker helix which provides Artillery.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.