Stiff upper lip

KoB new stats

Hi, anyone seen the new KoB stats that are out today?

This is what I managed to find:

Most important the Tribal is only 70 points, 10 less. This makes it a very viable option for me.

The Agincourt turrets are -1, but gain piercing. I am ok with that.

Dreadnought is 5 points cheaper.

Vanguard and Vengeance lost unstoppable. I don't know about this one. Anyone ideas?

Orion loses pack tactics on the cc and goes from 3 to 1 cc. And that is reallygoing to hurt!

Eagle is 10 points more. I never liked earlier, will like it less now.

That is most of what I found for now.

Besides that the stats for the heavy bomber and the heavy destroyer are included and they look really nice!

Grz

Orions.... Have not suffered too much. It's not like we lack for weapons against subs and generally I rarely wanted my orions close enough to use cc against an enemy. More vulnerable to torps I suppose.

Unstoppable. No loss at all in my opinion, it was clunky and not much use. I don't think I ever used it.

Ruler torp spread now looks... Well, useless. Those levels of torps are only barely good with faster torps, and even then it is unlikely to do much. It was hardly much good before anyway in that regard.

I always thought the Eagle was an overpriced impotent swine of a model ( although the devastating Australian version was tolerable). Now it is a maneuverable very overpriced impotent swine of a model that I am less likely to use.

i've always used it primarily as a minelayer. its 360degree movement now makes it better at this task

Towers... Yeah they went up 35 points base across the board although they are now massive instead of large, but gain rugged construction

For the shield tower ...I read it as 100 points for standard sheild or 110 for a guardian gen...

On the case of Orion's their pack hunter is missing the value... I'm guessing it should be +1

On the case of Orion's their pack hunter is missing the value... I'm guessing it should be +1

That's the interesting thing - the Pack Tactics MAR specifically says +1 dice per additional model. It's only qualifier is Pack Tactics (Weapon) - it doesn't allow for a +1 or +2 or anything like that.

Unless they haven't updated the admiral edition yet with the new MAR.

That's the interesting thing - the Pack Tactics MAR specifically says +1 dice per additional model. It's only qualifier is Pack Tactics (Weapon) - it doesn't allow for a +1 or +2 or anything like that.

Unless they haven't updated the admiral edition yet with the new MAR.

look at the Stoltz and Chany

Towers... Yeah they went up 35 points base across the board although they are now massive instead of large, but gain rugged construction

For the shield tower ...I read it as 100 points for standard sheild or 110 for a guardian gen...

The towers didn't gain a thing.  They had Altered Silhouette and Rugged Construction (2) in the last version. 

The extra 35 points pretty much just made them useless.

Is the Stalwart the new ship that accompanies the Halifax bomber?

I think the Vanguard and Vengeance were conceived as Captain Nemo`s Nautilus types and Unstoppable was thrown in to justify the ramming teeth on the models. Without Sharp Turn and a longer basic move distance the concept was flawed.

Love the models despite ineffectiveness and have some for my Raj.

Cheers

PB 

Love the upgrade to the Tribal. Makes me want to field two squadrons vs the one I normally play with.

Does anyone think the drop in AD for the fore Torps in the Ruler is to further differentiate itself and the Monarch?

Love the upgrade to the Tribal. Makes me want to field two squadrons vs the one I normally play with.

Does anyone think the drop in AD for the fore Torps in the Ruler is to further differentiate itself and the Monarch?

Yes, I am definetely going to try out the Tribal with these changes.

I don't know about the Ruler. I think there are better ways to do that than to drop the AD in the forward torpedoes. Actually I do not understand the drop. Torpedoes on the Ruler were already next to useless, with the drop even more so. They are not going to damage anything because the numbers are so low you can't get enough hits on 4+ to hit a medium or bigger and you don't get enough hits on 5+ to hit smalls. Not when you take your opponents CC in account.

Maybe the playtesters can enlighten us on the why of the drop?