Incendiary all ordnance

DFA-170
-5 pts
no incendiary bombs

Tetsubo
5 rockets RB 3

Torp bombers
- hunter deep diving

Generally it looks like a nerf to the EotBS. Especially our support cruiser, that's a damn big stat hit and then a 10 pts increase on top of that. A bit more that it deserves in my opinion, still it shouldn't change the way it's used or it's early game impact.

The Yurei is too expensive now, I was on the fence with it before, but now it's just too many points for too little bang.

Greatest Highlight is the Tetsubo, I'm gonna have to try this again.

Also the heavy bomber and destroyer are looking good

The EotBS did not get a overall nerf. Every fleet got increases and decreases in points per model. The Yurei is a little expensive points wise and that is because we are still getting a handle on the worth of the Phase Generator. In some areas this generator has worked to get the Yurei close to really mess up the opponents fleet. The points may change again as will all the points for all the models when the fleet books come out. At that point you will have stats that will be almost permanent.

The Arashi's points are more of a change then the Yurei's. As that is effecting a squadron, so there is a 30 point swing in your fleet build. Which maybe more difficult for some to absorb. This may change again, but what needs to be considered is the overall fleet use of rockets. The EotBS uses rockets more so than any other fleet uses any other ordinance weapon outside of guns and rockets have abilities attached to them....ie fire. So I need to study this some more to see if the point increase is warranted and to examine feedback in battle reports. As any player knows with the EotBS rockets have to be part of your battle plan in addition to guns and with a ship that is exclusively rocket based a value has to be put on that that keeps the game balanced. 

One reason why balance comes into question is in particular with an opponents smalls and mediums they are not structured to handle a concentrated rocket attack such as what the EotBS can do. And in turn fire back when the EotBS has the range.

The Tetsubo is finally back to what it was during the playtest. And about time too.

I can see the point on the Yurei, I just disagree. I simply find that it works alot like the tetsubo did up till now. Very hard to remove, bot not a big enough threat to justify the points. The major use I can see for it is that it can help you with a minimum medium without being too scared of the medium objective. Problem is I love EotBS mediums and almost always take 50% or more.

The Arashi, I don't know, I can see your points, but the changes, apart from the points increase, won't really change it's impact in the first two turns, where it makes the most havoc.

As for the tetsubo I completely agree, about time.

I honestly can't see why the Raijin had to lose a HP. It already has a defense problem if it wants to use it's generator node, as they don't work in obscured.

The Ika change seems really fitting and with the Yurgi costing 20 less for a squad I might start using them again instead of Arashis now.

Also I'm curious, are these changes affected by the Minerva being available to EotBS now?

One overlooked point on the Arashi - it is now attachment for any Medium and Large... so, aerial/naval combinations could be tried... I wonder if the points increase is to reflect the attachment option, and bring it to parity with 3 kitsune?

Ika had secondary before too, but the 10 points less is a very nice change indeed.

I still have trouble getting the same out of them as I used to though, they no longer go 1 activation insta-kill OP wrecking tentacles on my opponents dreadnought :(

Also I'm curious, are these changes affected by the Minerva being available to EotBS now?

Simple answer NO. They don't tell us playtesters everything, but the best that I know is the bombardment groups spark the change as the timing was good for all seven core nations. We have fleet books coming for the core seven. Don't have an exact date, but things need to be good stat wise to last for quite some time as the game in 2nd edition will continue to mature with a campaign system.( No secret here as Spartan Neil spelled things out in a Element 270 podcast. ) Therefore you want solid stats so you not changing things every four to six months and you can forge ahead and do more cool things for the game. Such as campaign box sets with  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: miniatures !

If this was GW which it is not, the changes would be to sell more or certain models. 

Agree with all accept the Arashi. 10 pt. change or reduction on stats, not both.

Well done on the tetsubo !

Yes the Tetsubo was a mistake when it was changed to a 3-4-3. I didn't agree with and wanted it back to 3-4-5, but I let the masses decide. Your decision 3-4-5 !!

The Arashi changes are the same league as the Sturmbringer, not going to matter in the long run.

The points and movement are the only changes worth caring about.  IR, CC, and AP should not matter much to a ship that needs to hang back and maximize the rocket distance.

Agree with Veldrain, the Arashi changes doesn't really impact it's role as a RB4 first strike unit. Which makes them a bit silly in my opinion. As far as I can see, the only effect is that the brits will have an easier time shooting it down with torps from long range and that it will get boarded more often if it gets too close.

Not really anything to do with it's 21 dice hammer.

There is balance changes, then there are silly changes, there was too many changes to the arashi, why would I want one now when I could have more tanuki's.

That is your choice if you don't want to emphasize the rocket.  But rockets are a main weapon of the EotBS. Now you can fight without roclets as your main weapon and it will be difficult to do so, but again the Japanese have choices !

Yeah, the Sui seem pretty nice - its a bit sad though that we're more excited about them than the poster child for the bombardment boxes. Most of the other nations seem to feel the same way about their heavy bombers, ie "meh".

Its a shame because the suzaki (sp?) is such a cool model but I honestly can't see myself buying it.

The bombs can definately ruin smalls, if the opponent is nice enough to clump them together. A single rocket attack with 8 AD won't crit a small though (4,8 successes before AA of typically 2 dice, means that the average is 3,6).

The bombs can definately ruin smalls, if the opponent is nice enough to clump them together. A single rocket attack with 8 AD won't crit a small though (4,8 successes before AA of typically 2 dice, means that the average is 3,6).

Anything with Area Bombardment which forces squadrons to space out is very useful- makes it harder to hide them,   harder for them to support each other with AA and CC, harder to all fit under guardian generators,  etc, etc.   There are lots of reasons why clumping up is good.

I have seen many, many times clumped targets get hit by area bombardment. Often,  this is because the player thought they were safe, as they could destroy the XXX before it activates, or the XXX couldn't get LoS as the battleship was blocking it, or some other sensible reason, not just being a bad player!

That's probably true - but that wasn't the point of the discussion though.

I just don't see how the suzaki is able to take out whole squadrons in one go - unless the squadron in question is clumped together.