Sign in to follow this  
Venter

New ORBAT is up!

Check it out in the "download" section! The new bombers are there, as well as slight changes across the rest (hint: check the "rain of rockets" Vauban out! ;) )

EDIT: Thanks thyps :) .

I've just compared the old ORBAT to the new ORBAT. Here are the changes I found:

Vauban

Rocket batteries increase from (0/9/9/9) to (0/11/11/11)

Strategic value decrease from (125) to (100)

Cherbourg

Points increase from (110) to (115)

Epaulard

Points decrease from (50) to (45)

Chevalier

AP decrease from (2) to (1)

Requin

Movement increased from (15”) to (16”)

Tourbilion

Rocket Batteries changed from (0/8/8/8) to (8/8/8/0)

Lost Fuel reserves

Fury Generator upgrade decreased from (10) to (5)

Rousseau Heavy bomber added

Pascal Medium bomber added

Frelon

Hunter (surface & submerged, Bombs, +1) changed to Hunter(diving, Bombs, +1`)

Torpedo Bomber SAS

Hunter (submerged & deep diving, +2) changed to Hunter( Diving, +2)

Danton Landship

Bombard increased from (0/7/7/7) to (0/8/8/8)

N3 Liege

Cost decreased from (165) to (150)

Arbalete

Cost decreased from (50) to (45)

Combat coordinator (SAS, Swarm taactics, 8”) changed to  Combat coordinator(ROF, SAS, Swarm tactics)

Check it out in the "download" section! The new bombers are there, as well as slight changes across the rest (hint: check the "rain of rockets" Vauban and the Ecuyer and Dieppe turrets out! ;) )

Dont know what you have been looking at :-p the Dieppes and Ecuyer turrets havent changed

Torpedo Bomber SAS

Hunter (submerged & deep diving, +2) changed to Hunter( Diving, +2)

That's actually not a change since Diving is a Height Band which includes both the Submerged and Deep Diving Height levels. This is just a re-wording.

Compared to other nations i think we got off very lightly and gained some power in other areas. I know my friends cant believe the French workhorse got away with it and got buffs.

I honestly think now were in command of some of the top tier ships available, for 20 points our Requins are an absolute steal now that the Prussian ones have gone to 25.

Ive started using Epulards now for a few games, a points decrease for how hard they are to kill and for those tasty corrosive turrets is a very welcome bonus. More shots on the Vauban cements it as the top pick for me when it comes to larger games.

we are here to stay

VIVE LA FRANCE!

Drones in 2.0 have always baffled me, and the changes to COA now show me something....Spartan dont rate drones. Lets face it, COA have better versions of fighters compared to anyone else. But now they have assault carriers capible of launching 9 drones for 215 points which also have good weapons and a PA...crazy. their new medium also launches 5 each. So with a little tinkering for around 600 points you could concevably field 38 SAS.....so in a somewhat balanced list you might be facing 45 ish.......45 sas that come back. OMG Spartan what are you doing!!! This is broken, but you keep adding more...id love to be a playtester, just to see how this kind of stuff is decided as being fair

Let's try to keep the discussion about the new French Orbat and not complain about the updates on the others.

Has anybody got any idea's on tactics for our new air units. Both have evasive manoeuvres +1 so they can dive out of the skies, shoot something and hopefully climb back up again. Might give us interesting tactics.

What about the area bombardment on the Pascal medium bomber. As far as I know, its the only bomber to have this MAR. Might be a bit tricky to use positioning wise, but gives us another great tool in dealing with smalls.

Drones in 2.0 have always baffled me, and the changes to COA now show me something....Spartan dont rate drones. Lets face it, COA have better versions of fighters compared to anyone else. But now they have assault carriers capible of launching 9 drones for 215 points which also have good weapons and a PA...crazy. their new medium also launches 5 each. So with a little tinkering for around 600 points you could concevably field 38 SAS.....so in a somewhat balanced list you might be facing 45 ish.......45 sas that come back. OMG Spartan what are you doing!!! This is broken, but you keep adding more...id love to be a playtester, just to see how this kind of stuff is decided as being fair

Response over in the CoA stats thread: http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/13839-anyone-seen-the-new-orbats/

First thyphs I am with you 100% about your comment but let's stick on the subject.

About the Rousseau, why should I choose it when I can choose a Cherbourg for the same price? The stats are very similar except that one got 3 times the firepower of the other and don't fly.

If the Rousseau was equipped with a internal generator target painter (corrosive,16") I will start thinking about picking one :).

Then the Pascal, I like the weapons both are tertiary and not affected by the damage.Then the Pascal is a bit fragile so even if the formation is obscure I am not sure if they will arrive close enough to the enemies and use their bombs. But I think it's worth trying it.

Obscured medium flyers work as a great distraction for your opponent. Since you can't hide them, why not deploy them in advance to get to the enemy earlier? Pascals have some great ranged firepower to irritate mediums on the way in for their bombing run.

I've used a Geier squadron as a distraction unit when playing PE. Worked pretty well and they did do a lot of damage over the entire game. I lost one bomber going in btw.

The Rousseau is something else I think. Might be useful in hunting medium and large air units before a bombing run. Both units are give a different type of target for your opponent to shoot at, so that might also be valuable. Those corrosive guns can also be used to put corrosive markers on mediums. 

We've got some boosts, but the other nations also got some boosts as well. I think we're slightly better of then we were before, but not much. The Vauban buff is the most noticeable for me, my opponent is going to hate that ship :)

No range limit for the Combat coordinator (ROF, SAS, Swarm tactic) !!! That's just enormous ! It will become a must have with that !

Shh! They're not supposed to notice that.

Seriously, though, if there's no range indicated, it defaults to only affecting the squadron that includes the model.

except by attaching to a large /massive model then CAPing the SAS

Swarm tactics is only useful when you combine fire, which you can only use on cap if a fighter unit or bomber unit chooses to initiate a dog fight against your CAP. Making it still essentially useless.

Edit: Other than providing someextra SAS

So with these changes to MAR's when is the digital rulebook getting updated.  Pack Hunter has changed, and I see nothing in the Combat Coordinator MAR that states what happens when their is no range.  Written as is there must be a range or the parameters don't even work.