Sign in to follow this  
Eisengratz

Directorate Beginnings

Hey folks. Toying around with my Directorate, and I came up with a fairly neat color, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? Never been too terribly proficient (or patient) at highlighting, but any suggestions are welcome. 

DD1.jpg

A link to a larger pic, if for some reason you need to see vast quantities of red in a higher resolution.

http://s13.postimg.org/uavdqtuo7/1428514129188.jpg

I'd contemplated edge highlighting, or picking out the panels, but I dunno. 

You appear to have reached exactly the same point I did... I used dark red/burgundy and then had no idea where to go. In the end I picked out certain panels on the retaliator in a bone colour and the band on the turret in the same. I have still not made any decision on the heavy tank.

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/cm284/media/Directorate%20Tanks_zpsugohx8gc.jpg.html

Apologies for the rubbish image and I hope it works - I am new to this sort of thing. It was an ad hock iphone 49.5kb photo! 

Both are a work in progress but I have stalled somewhat!

Hah, seems we both had the same thought. The bone color is a nice contrast, though, I like it. Might do something similar.

Of course, I can't do the EXACT same thing now, out of some stubborn sense of pride, no matter how good it looks.

Go for it  :D ! Besides, everyone knows red ones go faster. One day I will get around to posting proper photos, but since I only set up my photobucket account today that may be a while! I like the deep, glossy finish on yours, looks grand though. 

Alternatively, if you have access to an airbush you could add in some bone colour diagonal stripes (my second directorate helix is alternating grey and purple stripes and it looks ok)! Mind you you need to keep it to roughly thirds or it looks a bit busy! 

Pick out in gold iron man style :D

I was actually considering a bright orange or yellow for the paneling. Gold, though...I have never been able to make gold colors work well. Always comes out flat and kinda bleh.

Might try it on the buggies, as they've been my test models. I figure if they look awkward, I can blame it on the buggy jockey being all special snowflake and such, painting up his ride in garish colors.

So got the little Works Raptor dudes done, mostly. Took the pic and noticed some mistakes (funny how that works), so I'll go and touch that up, but happy otherwise.

wr1.jpg

They look good.

I've done the same thing with my stuff. You think your done and a take a picture. Then you notice something that needs fixing. The problem I have, I usually notice after I give them a Matt finish and then I take the picture.