Darthp00p00

Robotech-inspired Ryushi battlecarrier!

So for the last few weeks i've started painting my new Ryushi fleet. I started with the battlecarrier, with a color scheme based off the SDF-1 from Robotech (as will the whole fleet eventually)... have a gander! The acrylic piece was colored with permanent marker after several ink tests just didn't really give me good results. Also fun fact, GaleForce 9 glue reacts with marker ink... creating a bloody goop... just so you know lol...

Battle Carrier

SRS

SRS

Battle Carrier

Battle Carrier

Battle Carrier

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

SDF-1

alchemy!

The more I look at it the more I love it.  The typical red paint scheme is why I haven't bought Ryushi, actually.  I couldn't think of what to do different.  Your work here is real inspiring and top notch.  Get the rest of the fleet painted up and put them on the table for some sweet pictures.  Bonus points if you do Sorylians as Zendraeti. Just saying. >.>

Great job!

How did you do the white? Mine never really worked...

Did you just prime it and then black wash? Or something more?

And what wash did you use? I tried Nuln Oil (games workshop) but it didn't turned ojt like I wanted

Start a new thread with a picture of your Nuln Oil ship, I'm curious to see what went wrong. I'm sure someone could give a pointer or two to help out.

Full disclosure, I do not care for Nuln Oil, too "gritty"(who puts grit in a wash anyway, shouldn't it be an ink or dye?).

Black milk is the best way to discribe it.

I mix 17ml vallejo black ink wash bottle to 240 ml water. Add pva glue until surface tension is acceptable and away you go. Pva glue is hard to measure, so I trial and error it.

Home brew. It is easy to make. It eliminates the grittiness of Nuln Oil. The current jar I am using is 2 years old and I am just about done with it.

Just a note, you can use matte medium in place of the PVA glue, but it is am expensive option and you will use more of it.

Oooooooooh that intro gives me goosbumps! 

Garthim, fetch the gelfling!

...I mean fetch a pic of your Zentraedi force if you can, I'm definitely curious to see what they look like!

I know, that music and something about seeing the SDF-1 slowly clearing the clouds then firing the main guns to obliterate those Zentraedi ships gets me in the Firestorm Armada mood real quick.  Thats how I like to day dream the Dindrenzi kinetic weapons fire some days for fun.

Dont worry, I have the whimpering chamberlain in the field getting him for me, he did lose trial by stone after all.

Right now I have them on loan to a friend who is doing a local tourney but will get you pictures the moment I get them back.  In the mean time, I can share some WIP pictures of a Zentraedi flagship later today to give you an idea of the paint job if that's ok. 

leave this here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5BfkF9Jsc

I have added a picture of the WIP Zentraedi ship to give an example of the paint scheme I mentioned.  Best I could do with my camera :( The bottom hull is done, but I need to go back and add the next layers to the top hull.  So just imagine this on Dindrenzi ships.

photo3   Copy

I will send shoot you some IM's later about the Robotech models and some cool add ons, don't want anybody to think I am pushing those on here, lol.

If you want to know how I did my paint scheme, I can share that as well.

I have also been very tempted to buy some Relthoza for Planetfall just so I can paint them as Invid.  A friend said he might so Southern Cross colors for either Terrans and Dindrenzi, but wants to try some test models first.