caradoc

Element 270 Podcast - Episode 24, Spartan Games 2015

Welcome to episode 24 of the Element 270 podcast! A podcast all about Spartan Games.

In this episode Giles and Reese are joined by Neil Fawcett of Spartan Games to discuss the outlook and releases for 2015.

In episode 23 we talked about the release schedule for Dystopian Wars over the course of 2015, in this episode we take some time to discuss the releases for Dystopian Legions, Firestorm Armada and Firestorm Planetfall.

Apologies for this podcast being later than we would have liked!

You can find the podcast announcement here: https://element270.wordpress.com/2015/04/08/episode-24-spartan-games-2015/

Or the direct audio file here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/element270/E270-024-Spartan2015.mp3

Find us also on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/element270/

Or follow us on Twitter: @Element270

As always, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to email us at: element270podcast@gmail.com

We currently have a survey running for our listeners, if you have a spare couple of minutes we would really value your feedback, you can find the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9XTMCSN

Dramos Battle Set?! O Hells yea !

Sorylian vs Saurian storyline

Relthoza...stuff?

Overseers...as a playable race?

cant wait to see how this pans out

Very VERY exited about the news that we will be getting a free pdf background update, looking Soooo forward.

All of t

Dramos Battle Set?! O Hells yea !

Sorylian vs Saurian storyline

Relthoza...stuff?

Overseers...as a playable race?

cant wait to see how this pans out

Very VERY exited about the news that we will be getting a free pdf background update, looking Soooo forward.

All of this sounds wonderful.

Hehehehe - It should be noted that Neil stated there was no timeline for the Dramos set as it is still being developed, and the same for the background PDF.

But wow - yeah there were some things that Reese and I were hugely excited to hear! :D

Damn some of that stuff sounds cool.  Downloadable campaign map (high resolution) and an explanation of fold space, waypoints, and why the Dindrenzi couldn't just jump straight to Terra...how shield techs work...all factions getting prepped for patrol fleet legal builds (so Terquai, Omnidyne, and Xelocian tier 1s smaller than dreadnaught must be coming)...other groups will get "elevated" like the RSN has (ie, more complete ship lineups, Works Raptor mentioned specifically)...Invasion ships/planetary landers coming...new Works Raptor patrol box and Hawker patrol box coming after that...finally "figured out" Leviathans (but no details)...civil war in the Saurian territory caused by the Directorate that will introduce Saurians to the galaxy...then the Overseers will come back and upset "everybody"...Neil says yes to a lot of things just to shut Alex up...and apparently beat the snot out of him in a test game recently...Neil loves the Oroshan design, even the cruiser that looks like a bottle opener...they are VERY happy with the 2.0 rules set...campaign rules under development but basic rules set for a while...2 player box set involving Terran invasion and destruction of Dramos called a "Historical Box Set" that allows you to recreate that event or save Dramos and rewrite history...2 or 3 other galactic historical settings they might eventually explore with other box sets...

Wow.

CAN NOT WAIT.

Ooh--"very simple set" of rules about to hit the website where you play an Armada game, with the results allowing you to "purchase" things for a follow on Planetfall game.  Key seems to be "landing" forces in the Armada game and that gives you points to do things like start a planetfall game with drop markers zeroed in, or extended command range, or extra command points...whole list of options to influence the ground battle because your spaceships did well (or poorly).  But everything optional, so players have to agree to use it (since not everyone will want to play both games).

Spec Ops 28mm still in development, hope to eventually link that in as well.  The ability to "drill down" from Armada to Planetfall to Spec Ops so people can really get into a campaign is his goal.

I am very hopeful for those patrol fleet boxes for the alliance races... would love to get some Xelocian's on the table that I don't have to hunt down on ebay and the like. Here is hoping they get some love sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping the Terran ships look like less tricked out Hawker Industries ships.  They are yesteryear's warships after all.  I'd definitely convert them into corsairs.  Put their colors on them like they're supposed to be to represent their faction as if new, then age them with lots of corrosion and washes.  Maybe some half-hazard markings over the old symbols.  

I recently collected 2000 points of OmniDyne, but new Patrol boxes do sound sweet! Xelocians and OmniDyne especially. And new WR. And the Dramos set. And...

Ah well, anybody interested in acquiring a spare kidney?

For those of us unable to listen to the cast yet... what was the works raptor talk? Just a new box set? Or are we expecting to see anything else sooner? (Holding out hope for something released this month for them :-) )

Curious about the Saurians, how will their ships look/work, weapons ect.

They are lizard folk, so I would think they would share some Military doctrine and weapons, but also have some flare that the Sorylians do not.

For those of us unable to listen to the cast yet... what was the works raptor talk? Just a new box set? Or are we expecting to see anything else sooner? (Holding out hope for something released this month for them :-) )

The cast was long on hints and short on specifics :)  From what I recall for Works Raptor there was talk of a new patrol fleet box coming, and at a different point Neil was talking about how they want to expand some of the alliance factions like they have RSN--ie add more types of ships to their lineup, and he specifically mentioned Works Raptor there.  No clue if those two mentions are related or not.

What did they say about Hawker? A Hawker Patrol Fleet is coming out? Is this just an updated box to get rid of the pewter parts or is this a remake ala RSN? Combined with the fact that we know that the Carrier Group is coming with the next set of releases the odds are pretty good that this is a remake.

What did they say about Hawker? A Hawker Patrol Fleet is coming out? Is this just an updated box to get rid of the pewter parts or is this a remake ala RSN? Combined with the fact that we know that the Carrier Group is coming with the next set of releases the odds are pretty good that this is a remake.

It probably is a remake in the same way RSN were remade. Updated models and removing the pewter.

The fun question is, will we see a Hawker Dreadnought?

I appreciate everyone is pretty excited by Neil's Firestorm comments in the Podcast, but remember that he indicated that the intent was to get all the minor races to have legal patrol fleets - not necessarily to remake all existing models. There are still plenty of statted ships that we do not currently have models for, and I'm sure many would like to see!

Yes, there are a few ships I would love to see. (Xelocian Dreadnought!!!!) No presurre.