Sign in to follow this  
Danigma

Still no updates

Where are the stats for all the new models. For some reason land battles just don't work that well with the current DW rules, so we have been waiting patiently for AC . Our club will continue to play other games but it would be nice to actually use our dystopes land stuff. Pretty hard to get people interested in playing if you can't even support the game by updating a few PDF's.

You could always try to make up your own stats, and post them up here (or in the relevant sub-thread). Ages ago I posted stats for the BEMs (because they just need a massive ground battle).

Just remember that the models in the squadron need to be in base contact, and that Naval units are meant more for "support" (even more so than aircraft) and should be used sparingly

You could always try to make up your own stats, and post them up here (or in the relevant sub-thread). Ages ago I posted stats for the BEMs (because they just need a massive ground battle).

Just remember that the models in the squadron need to be in base contact, and that Naval units are meant more for "support" (even more so than aircraft) and should be used sparingly

I agree totally with this.

Also, what is the problem you have with land battles using the DW rules?

I'm not aware of any, and they were tested with many land games as well as naval ones.

Due to the lower HP of many land things, and the  ease of manoeuvre when compared to the naval game, it does play slightly differently. Is it just this difference of 'feel' that  your group doesn't like?

James

The distances many land weapons can fire in DW just absurd. AC is much more realistic. There are also the formations, and less tokens everywhere. The missions are great and the games move faster too.

All this is irrelevant though. Spartan have released a product, and people have bought stuff for it, some at my club only bought land things for Armoured Clash, now we can't get new people into it because their faction is not supported, those with stuff already have just shelved it.

I don't mean to throw the toys out of the pram here, but it isn't too hard to do what is required. AC is a much better simulation of Land Warfare, Spartan just need to keep it going. I think there is a lot of growth to be had and could make for a viable tournament system too.

Anyway, that's all for now.

P.S Homemade rules just won't gain any traction in our playing group.They will just play other games. There are so many now a days.