Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Vaporize

Engaging enemy SRS

Spartan Games,

There seems to be some confusion over whether an SRS can go move next to an enemy SRS to engage them in a dogfight. Could you please clarify that an SRS can attempt to engage multiple enemy SRS then complete a bombing run (given sufficient range and not getting destroyed or turned away first)?

Thus if your SRS activates first, it could engage the enemy SRS, force them to return to base, and not be able to be launched by the enemy carrier later in the turn.

I find this question a little unclear.

But as your SRS activates it may move into contact with as many enemy SRS as it likes in a row dogfighting one after the other .... If it's lucky enough to get through them all.

It could then make an attack run.

But it's unlikely to be particularly successful as the enemy SRS also fight against you during a dogfight.

But you could get lucky and pull it all off.

Page 88 and 89 quite clear on this.

"once a dogfight has been resolved, the active SRS token may continue its activation unless it has been destroyed or forced to return to base."

I always assumed that when you declare an attack run, you declare a single target. Unless the attack run was declared against an enemy SRS token then you can't hit both an enemy SRS that happens to be in the way and then a ship.

So I always interpreted it that the dogfight section of the rule was if my SRS on an attack run was intercepted by enemy interceptors/fighters then if it defeated them, they could then continue on their attack run against the ship.

I could be totally wrong though.

I would like to add the following quote from page 88 (middle of left column): "... an SRS token may only initiate ONE Dogfight per Squadron Activation." So the active SRS token could initiate one dogfight itself and also be intercepted once by each enemy interceptor token whose (Do I use that word correctly, here?) 6" bubble it enters.

Otherwise, I agree with Marshall777.

Apart from the issue with firing the PD from Models first, it is also a good idea to keep the interceptors further back because that way they don't have to leave their carriers command distance when intercepting and thus do not need to return to base afterwards.

Mind you if I intercepted this topic to dogfight about multiple SRS attack run?

Let's say I have two SRS Bombers token alongside my carrier. They perform an attack run on an ennemi model on the same activation.

Do the attacks occur at the same time and therefore the attacked model divide its PD between the two SRS?

Now if I have a Bomber token and a Fighter or Interceptor token. Can I attack run the ennemi interceptors with mine leaving the way open for my Bombers?

Let's say I have two SRS Bombers token alongside my carrier. They perform an attack run on an ennemi model on the same activation.

Do the attacks occur at the same time and therefore the attacked model divide its PD between the two SRS?

Sort of. You declare SRS 1 is making an attack run. Interceptors and models in range of its flight path can intercept or fire PD. Finish resolving the attack run and return to base. Next, you can declare the attack run of SRS 2, and any interceptors or models that fired on the first one can not do anything about the second. 

Now if I have a Bomber token and a Fighter or Interceptor token. Can I attack run the ennemi interceptors with mine leaving the way open for my Bombers?

Mostly. Interceptors can not make official attack runs, so if you want to attack with one you have to move your carrier to within command range of the target. A fighter token could make the attack run and attack an enemy SRS instead of (or in addition to) a ship, then return to base. Alternatively, you could move an interceptor to the edge of your carrier's command range, within 6 inches of an enemy interceptor. If that interceptor then intercepts one of your bombers, you can intercept the intercept! If your intercept move takes the token beyond command range, the interceptor has to return to base, which it doesn't have to do after an intercept if it stays in range. 

Thank you, it is much clearer now.

If that interceptor then intercepts one of your bombers, you can intercept the intercept! 

Intercept the intercept, now that sounds like some frustrating thing to cope with for your opponent. ^____^

I'd like to see an official ruling from Spartan Games, not opinions from players.

If you do not want input from fellow players, don't post to a public forum.

Try this email address......

Rules Enquiries: rules@spartangames.co.uk

:blink: