Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Vaporize

Point Defense Firing

Spartan Games,

If an enemy SRS approaches my fleet and I have several point defense options, can I wait to fire my point defense until just before contact is made with my ship?

For example, if I have 6 interceptors and a ship with 4 PD, could I wait to intercept until after my ship softens up the SRS instead of intercepting the enemy SRS first?

I believe the rulebook is quite clear at which point PD fires against SRS tokens.

Page 88 Goes through it.

When a SRS token moves to within 4 inches of a model then that model MAY launch a PD attack against it.

That's the trigger.

So you don't have to.. BUT that's your time to launch the PD attack during the tokens movement. So if you choose not to as it comes within 4 inches - you miss your chance.

Obviously interceptors do the same thing but with a 6 inch range.

So at the point it crosses into 6 inches u have to choose wether or not you will intercept.

Or again you will miss your chance

No being cheeky and wanting to wait and see what Ur free PD will do before u risk your interceptors if they had to fly past them first !

I think it depends on the placement of the interceptor token. You resolve the point defence as soon as the enemy SRS get within 4". The intercept happens when you get within 6" so if your interceptors are placed a few inches behind the ship making their intercept 'bubble' within 4" then you could blast with the point defence first and then send in your interceptors.

This was directed to Spartan Games for an official ruling, not the peanuts gallery.

If you do not want input from fellow players, don't post to a public forum.

Try this email address......

Rules Enquiries: rules@spartangames.co.uk

:blink: