Sign in to follow this  
gabbi

Rocket/Torpedo and Shield Generator

Rules say (pag. 66/67) that if an attack (with rockets or torpedoes) hits the target model, any shield generator no longer use exploding dice but heavy dice instead.

Until when?

End of turn? Whole game? Or maybe it is just for the rocket/torpedo attack..?

Being non-native English speaker, that "no longer" confuses me...

Thank you. A couple more questions by reading again the rules:

Redoubtable says that the model only reduces its attack dice by 1 for every 2 HP of damage.

A model that has taken 3 damage loses 1 or 2 attack dice? (I would say 2, as in other parts of the rules is specified that only "full block" count, i.e. TAC cards hand size increases for each full block of 250 points),

Mortars description says that Mortars may fire Indirectly at all Range Bands. May. So it's an option? Mortars can fire directly? I'm confused, because Bombards description specifies that they can fire directli and indirectly:

Bombards are weapons capable of firing both Indirectly and Directly.

Also:

Bombards may choose to fire Indirectly at Range Bands 2, 3, and 4.

So, I would say that Mortars are capable of IDF only, but if this is correct, the rules should be a tad clearer (i.e. a Mortar can only fire indirectly).

Again, maybe it's just me, as English is not my native language.

1) yes, basically half the damage for working out AD loss (rounding up as normal)

2) correct you may fire mortars and bombards direct if you want, (basically the only difference between mortars and bombards is the range bands they can IDF in)

I would think Thamoz is correct, pg 92 of the pdf rule book,

"This model only reduces its attack dice (AD) by 1 for every 2 hull points (HP) of damage taken"

Nothing about halving in there so rounding doesn't apply here, right?

redoubtable is definitely as Thamoz states.

I agree that Mortars appear to be capable of only Indirect Fire using strictly Rules As Written, but I find it difficult to believe that there is a weapon system that cannot be fired without a Spotter/Spotted Marker in play. Perhaps one of the Spartans or a kind game developer type could step in with a definitive answer?

Aye we been playing it as thamoz said. Also As neil said basically if in doubt always go for the most "giving" option cant remember the exact word he used but be royal with your dice.. This also makes for the most fun game experience (maybe mire for your opponent than you but well you know :P)

It has been ruled before in conversations regarding the Russians that their ships with light mortars (secondary weapons) can link with broadsides (also secondary weapons) on the model. I don't see how it would be possible for mortars to only be capable of indirect fire if they can link with other weapon types that are not capable of indirect fire at all.

1) yes, basically half the damage for working out AD loss (rounding up as normal)

2) correct you may fire mortars and bombards direct if you want, (basically the only difference between mortars and bombards is the range bands they can IDF in)

For redoubtable:

1hp damage = no loss of ad

2hp damage = loss of 1 ad

3hp damage = still only the loss of 1ad

4hp damage = loss of 2 ad.

Etc

Oops looks like I've been playing this wrong for a long while...... Oh well live and learn :P