Lord Nat

Halifax and friends

According to the shop it has a shield gen and piercing bombs.

The heavy destroyers have more marines than normal which might  be their only saving grace.  So far I have been severely underwhelmed by the RaJ heavy destroyers so not expecting much from these guys.

I hope that "rapid fire" means high angle as well. Two double barrel frigate turrets seems a little odd because I doubt they would give us two 8 AD secondary shots per ship, and it doesn't look like a primary turret to me

Side note: what's the highest secondary shot from a small? It seems like it's usually a 4 or 5AD attack from one turret.

It will have to be sufficiently different from the already impressive attacker frigate to make it worthwhile. That is the obvious comparison given its loadout.

Most destroyers seem to link up for about 18 ad. 5 ad on each turret, plus pack tactics, would equal 20 ad. 4 ad per turret with pack tactics would make 16.

Neither seems quite right, but then maybe rb2 is better than average (more hawk style ad spreads could be fun, and we do tend to like rb2)

Stalwart guns look good size for a small.  Perhaps primary turrets with higher dice ala Aussie Frigate? It would work pretty good since their guns would be redoubtable. 

As for new Heavy Bomber, I like it alot.  4 guns forward that are deadly looking.  Hoping for Piercing or Devastating for the guns!!!

Im looking at possibly getting 2 of them

I'm betting piercing across the board on the heavy bomber. I doubt the gun turrets on the heavy destroyer are primary though, they look just like the broadside guns on the dreadnought.

agree with the look of the Hvy DD's turrents...

Stalwart guns look good size for a small.  Perhaps primary turrets with higher dice ala Aussie Frigate? It would work pretty good since their guns would be redoubtable. 

As for new Heavy Bomber, I like it alot.  4 guns forward that are deadly looking.  Hoping for Piercing or Devastating for the guns!!!

Im looking at possibly getting 2 of them

They come 2 in a box (with a sqn of heavy Destroyers and 2 x3 SAS)......

It was on Spartans email, and under pre order for release 22nd April, all the core nations are getting a bombardment group. In the case of the KoB the box will contain 2 Halifax heavy bombers with 3 SAW each. It will also contain a sqn of 3 heavy destroyers

That's about all the info released....

http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWKB49april15

There are some important changes in the rules for KoB:

Lord Hood: +1 CC

Agincourt: -1 AD on the main turret, +1 CC

Dominion: Rugged Construction (1), +5 points cost

Tribal: -10 points cost

Orion: -2 CC, Pack Tactics now only on torpedoes

Illustrious: 360° turning template, 0" Minimum Move

Eagle: 360° turning template, 0" Minimum Move, +10 points cost

Hawk: 360° turning template

There are some important changes in the rules for KoB:

Lord Hood: +1 CC

Agincourt: -1 AD on the main turret, +1 CC

Dominion: Rugged Construction (1), +5 points cost

Tribal: -10 points cost

Orion: -2 CC, Pack Tactics now only on torpedoes

Illustrious: 360° turning template, 0" Minimum Move

Eagle: 360° turning template, 0" Minimum Move, +10 points cost

Hawk: 360° turning template

There are quite a few changes. The Tribal also went up to DR5. The Vengeance lost Unstoppable, the Dominion gained Rugged construction and a few ships have had their AD changed.

Well, they had to make the new heavy destroyer different from the Orion and attacker, make it worth taking without replacing either of them. I think they managed it! incredible firepower, strong boarding, but 50 points a piece. 150 points for a squad of three smalls. Very powerful but you will cry if a particle accelerator gets a shot at them all.

The tribal... I think we will soon see them on the table a lot more. A big price drop of 30 for a full squad which is just that little bit tougher now. It was never a bad ship, but was outshined by the...

Agincourt. Well, the turret is weaker now. This does differentiate it further from the tribal. It isn't all doom though, because it gained something too: piercing turret! Yes, it lost an ad but gained piercing. I am not sure what to think but a gut reaction is I like this change. Rb4 is now worthless but in advance deployment these things should ve getting rb2 or 3 from turn one.

The Halifax. All glory to the Halifax. A fast, tough, powerful medium flyer. 10 inches of movement to bring those lovely lovely bomb bays into range. Two ten dice piercing bomb bays with Hunter surface and submerged. I look forward to playing with this aerial asset.

On on the subject of aerial assets, as a primarily coa player I can tell you that 360 degree movement is awesome! It gives massive flexibility but is it enough to redeem our lacklustre illustrious, eagle and hawk? I don't know, but I will be trying it out a few times to see.

... Not sure the eagle needed a points bump though...

Well, they had to make the new heavy destroyer different from the Orion and attacker, make it worth taking without replacing either of them. I think they managed it! incredible firepower, strong boarding, but 50 points a piece. 150 points for a squad of three smalls. Very powerful but you will cry if a particle accelerator gets a shot at them all.

The tribal... I think we will soon see them on the table a lot more. A big price drop of 30 for a full squad which is just that little bit tougher now. It was never a bad ship, but was outshined by the...

Agincourt. Well, the turret is weaker now. This does differentiate it further from the tribal. It isn't all doom though, because it gained something too: piercing turret! Yes, it lost an ad but gained piercing. I am not sure what to think but a gut reaction is I like this change. Rb4 is now worthless but in advance deployment these things should ve getting rb2 or 3 from turn one.

The Halifax. All glory to the Halifax. A fast, tough, powerful medium flyer. 10 inches of movement to bring those lovely lovely bomb bays into range. Two ten dice piercing bomb bays with Hunter surface and submerged. I look forward to playing with this aerial asset.

On on the subject of aerial assets, as a primarily coa player I can tell you that 360 degree movement is awesome! It gives massive flexibility but is it enough to redeem our lacklustre illustrious, eagle and hawk? I don't know, but I will be trying it out a few times to see.

... Not sure the eagle needed a points bump though...

The Stalwarts also being totally redoubtable makes them awesome as well.  These guys are good in normal games and will shine in higher point games.  I like them a lot...

Lol what's that you say, eagle has went up, right............................360 on the fliers however that's not a bad change, less ad on the gunship ok. Very nice change to the tribal Thanx Spartan. Im unsure on the changes to the subs, mine never reached ramming range anyway, always die to cc, torps, particle accelerators and so on subs are just too easy to kill. I think the brunel went down ten points.....