Hollis

Firepower Leviathans for the Aquans, Relthoza, and Sorylians

Very nice :wub:

A crazy thing : i've speak yesterday in my community "i hope one day to have Tripods in a Scrins-like faction like in Command and Conquer", and you released one for Aquan :P

Just one bad thing according to me : the legs of this Aquan Leviathan are not really nice :huh:

to me the aquan legs look like they have fixed some robotic feet to the ends of some kind of tentacles >_> perhaps its a mobility thing? honestly i think its gonna have some surprises it LOOKS like the most frail and underwhelming but i bet its gonna pack more tricks than its letting on

Bets on that that leviathan is the only walker leviathan that doesn't have the lumbering mar?

What makes you think that?

The fact that it's a giant lizard? That a technologically advanced, starfaring, laser shooting race's answer to ground combat is a giant animal?

Should Terrans get some marines riding on elephants next?

I mean the whole premise is ridiculous and from the writeup about it, these aren't just giant reptiles, they're super-smart leaders of Sorylian society. So the plan to 1. drop them into a combat zone and 2. not armor them seems like really poor planning for a race that prides itself on slow, deliberate planning.

Okay, so I love the Relthoza one, detest the Sorylian one and really need to see the Aquan one in the flesh before I say one way or the other.

That said, why do they all come with lights? It seems like everything in the Relthoza and Sorylian helixes comes with lights. How about some mediums or infantry.

The fact that it's a giant lizard? That a technologically advanced, starfaring, laser shooting race's answer to ground combat is a giant animal?

Should Terrans get some marines riding on elephants next?

I mean the whole premise is ridiculous and from the writeup about it, these aren't just giant reptiles, they're super-smart leaders of Sorylian society. So the plan to 1. drop them into a combat zone and 2. not armor them seems like really poor planning for a race that prides itself on slow, deliberate planning.

Now I see it the other way round. As these things are fully sentient members of Sorylian society, when one roks up and the recruiting office (or whatever) and says "I would like to enlist to fight the forces invading our terittory" what will they say? No? So having these troops this would seem to be the best way to use them.Also having these super heavy infantry (effectively) why bother to invest huge amounts of resources and infrastrcture into building giant mechs when you already have something comparable?  Furthermore the Sroylians will have been using these chaps for military purposes for millennia making it more likely that every else developed leviathans in reaction to these rather than the other way round. And at the end of the day a humanoid walker is hardly the most practical design either.

I know it is a somewhat facetious argument as Spartan decides on the designs and went this way for the Sorylians and some people like it and others don't based on aesthetics, like everything else :-P but fluff wise it seems as logical as anything else.

I love Relthoza and Aquan Leviathan an dislike Sorilian one.

But the main problem for me is that Sory an Retho are comming with light recon...again...

Come on!

For economical reason I could understand that some of the model must be reuse in different helix. But not every ones. maybe light could be replaced by medium ( Bor'ka or Sor'ka for Sorilian and Namisc or Talamis for Relthoza) It won’t be illogical that Leviathan are support and protected by tanks in fact.

Aquans and Relth = top notch! really digging it!... Sorylians....wha... i don't even... is this 40k orkz?! hahaha who's leading the design on sorylians?!?! you have A+ firestorm ships designs and then planetfall... D+ 40k biker gangs orkz vibe yeeouch [it's april 1st right? right? tell me it's april 1st.... it;s a ruze to have me quit my firestorm soryilians and start a new firestorm army....it must be]

So the sorylians are led by the Slann ? :(

If it's so smart why doesn't it wear armor ?

I wonder it there's a way to pait it so it effectively looks like it's a machine ?

Maybe it "wears" huge gungan beast borrowed modified personal shield :)

EDIT: more on topic. The Sorylian Leviathan may look a bit odd for me, but I think it will be OK when surrounded by the rest of the army

Sorylian-Collective-Firepower-Levithan-H

And it doesn´t have a mammalian nose, Its just a bony protuberance of some short. The real nose is where it is supposed to be

Sorylian-Collective-Firepower-Leviathan-

... ya.. even at that view, still a "swing and a HUGE miss" for me. the bull nose rings? lol like what the hell who's pulling that thing on a leash? a super walker robo? it's kind of fail any way you cut it.... sorry but no matter how you cut it, Spartan blew it on this one; it' s just ... ya kills soryilans for me. just... sigh ... who the hell gets into planetfall to run a "zoo" on the table top? lol

Now that I see it from the side, I actually really like that model. 6 legged Triceratops with a gun platform. Pretty damn cool in my eyes. I like the Aquan one the least. It looks like a three legged octopus. Just doesn't work for me. I love the Relthozan one, I just wish it came with something besides space crickets. I have 18 of the things already and don't need 30. My last game I took 4 because I had to.