Sign in to follow this  
cjk1975

Ryushi for the win!

So I'm new to the game but played Uncharted Seas. I'm a former big 40ker and the fact that these guys are all carriers and use a ton of SRS and the fact they were forced from their home and now live on the fringes of space intrigue me. I'm planning on adding on Terran and Hawker Industry forces with these guys.

However, I really would like to play these guys straight up  and give them a try. I have the patrol box, but want to know what else I should buy besides the Shautrai carrier?

Thanks for any info!

CJ 

Welcome!  Best place for this is probably the Kurak/Ryushi thread.  That said, most friendly games will be played between pals at between 500 and 800pts.  Tournaments can be 900, 1000 or even 1200.

You can play 600pt with what you have already (the Patrol box)

What does this mean?  If you're serious about Ryushi you should have:

One Ryushi battle carrier

One or two Ryushi regular carriers

At least 4, probably 6, maybe even 8 Hokita cruisers

Two full squads of 6 Corvettes

Bonus:

Anything in the "Kurak Alliance" manual as an ally, preferably allies that do something that Ryushi don't do well, like Tarakians or Veydreth.

All that stuff will allow you to play huge games.

But start small with what you have playing 500 or 600 pt battles.  Use Battlescribe.

The only thing one can add to the above is that none of the core 6 may be taken as allies to the alliance/league 'minor' factions... meaning Terran, Aqaun and Sorylian (assuming no natural allies) would have to be 75% of your MFV and Ryushi could be 25%.... but terran/hawker as a fleet works rather well... and you can ally hawker into Ryushi...

If you wanted to be more fluff oriented, the Ryushi were forced from thier home in part by the Illosians who were created by the Aqauns. so you could build a fleet that purposly excludes aqauns/terqaui...

A Shautrai is a very good ship for games reaching into 1000pts. Combine with Hokita accompaniments and you have a very hard hitting though expensive squad.

I'll echo what others have said, extra Hokita cruisers will be handy if you plan on frequently attaching them to your carriers.

So I'm at 1 k with both Ryushi boxes which is cool according to Battlescrbe. I'm liking Hawker alot because of their toughness and cyberwarfare numbers being high.

So besides that, what would the other alliance fleets bring into the fold??