We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Drachenfutter

The Hyperion

So now the stats are released, what are people's opinions? Two nice big linkable guns and the AA dizzo players have had to look elsewhere for, in a stand up fight do you expect those guns too do more than pinpoint 4? Considering its 100mm base will anyone be skydropping it? As my pods always seem to find the only building in 6"

Well it's 100pts to drop the beast and it's friends rather than start them on the table. Honestly I don't see a major issue with NOT dropping them unless you need the points. So he skitters over a building, likely that's gonna be cover from something already on the ground anyway. Also with a good bit of luck the Letos can land touching a building.

And immediately dies because he's landed on impassible... 800pts gone

Nope, first line under passing over models. "If a model is unable to deploy due to lack of space at the determined location, the model must travel further down the direction of deviation until such time as it - and any assets being transported - can deploy."

It's not actually allowed by skydrop to land on impassible to begin with, so the "models that find themselves in..." line in terrain is irrelevant.

Also, the "one building within 6in?" There is a way around that, put your skydrop marker on the building.

Yes I'd just checked that myself, so that is a lot more sensible, just the FAQ having the question phrased as finds itself in impassible terrain and the section "moving over models" rather than "moving over general stuff".  Excellent it appears all my spires and damocles which suffered major mishaps were in fact simply not deployed in the first place, cheers guys :) 

Yeah it's kinda a MUST that they don't auto die if the drop grazes a building. Else "City board"= Dindrenzi and Relth can't play, we both would need at minimum ~2.25sqft of completely clear space to drop something on each of our tokens without auto losing it. That also implies they are all in a 5in square and zeroed! 

I rather like the stats. I can honestly see me deploying it either way, skydrop or not. 16AD is still nice at 40"...and 24AD in EF is just brutal... Idk if ive ever rolled that many dice before in a game ever!

A full Kratos squad throws 28 at 12", Gorgos throw 24 at 18", and now the big guy throws 24 at 20". Can't wait to turn a hapless Odin into a crater.

While I do agree that they should continue along the path of deviation their was a thread in the rules section assuming that they would be destroyed and no one argued against it. Subsequently the FAQ reads:

It is clear when a model deviates into Impassable terrain it is destroyed, however is a model that deviates off the table also destroyed, say a Sky Dropped Crystal Node, for example?

As the answer does not refute this "clear" interpretation I am forced to assume that the FAQ supports that interpretation (even though the rules as I read them don't). I did ask delboy to clarify this when the FAQ was released but didn't get a responce.

I got an answer back from Delboy and it is this;

The rule for "Passing Over", applies to both Models and Impassable terrain. So a Sky Drop unit would not be destroyed if it deviated onto Impassable Terrain, it would use the "Passing Over" rule.

This clarification should be appearing in the next FAQ update.

Nope, first line under passing over models. "If a model is unable to deploy due to lack of space at the determined location, the model must travel further down the direction of deviation until such time as it - and any assets being transported - can deploy."

It's not actually allowed by skydrop to land on impassible to begin with, so the "models that find themselves in..." line in terrain is irrelevant.

Also, the "one building within 6in?" There is a way around that, put your skydrop marker on the building.

Yes I'd just checked that myself, so that is a lot more sensible, just the FAQ having the question phrased as finds itself in impassible terrain and the section "moving over models" rather than "moving over general stuff".  Excellent it appears all my spires and damocles which suffered major mishaps were in fact simply not deployed in the first place, cheers guys :)

I got an answer back from Delboy and it is this;

The rule for "Passing Over", applies to both Models and Impassable terrain. So a Sky Drop unit would not be destroyed if it deviated onto Impassable Terrain, it would use the "Passing Over" rule.

This clarification should be appearing in the next FAQ update.

OMG! I wouldn't have lost my nyx!? That confirms it Skydropping everything!

Getting back to the Hyperion itself...I've had a bit of a dig around for the fluff on it, and I can't find anything that confirms either way for me if this beast has a human pilot or if it is a robot. I guess the Battle Robots are un-piloted, being robots and all, so the technology is there for the Leviathan to also be un-piloted. There is some mention of a command centre, but you could have an AI command centre.

What are peoples thoughts?

My question is, what happened to the alternative builds? I know our Levithan helix and the Directorate one each had 2+ builds, with heavy hints they all would. Directorate had one with cyberwarfare and heavy troops and the one they got with traditional weapons and a ton of light troops. We were supposed to have a ranged, CQB, and hybrid with two support options...

Still waiting on stats seeing as they appear to have split the alternate builds.

Edit: found the post about the directorate.

The model you are thinking of is the Heavy Gunship.

It will be out with the Aerial Helix (sometime in the second quarter of this year)

Still to come is the flying Directorate Leviathan in its 2 variants - The Wraith and the Spectre ......one is a massive gun platform (that drops a barracks filled with a Patriot 'Grand Company' into the battlefield) and the other is a Cyber Warfare delivery system that boosts CW-attacks around it (as well as dropping a barracks filled with Cyber Weapon wielding Heavy Infantry into the battlefield!).

No pics sadly, as I have to wait until Spartan show it first....but its bloomin' massive at about 7-8" across! :D

It is my new 'favourite'...... I know we should have favourite from amongst our children....but we do. :unsure:

Cheers

d

I guess we will see them released further down the line. I suppose Spartan is trying to keep the releases across all 6 main factions as even as possible (even if some factions are a month behind the others at some stages) and because they only have a certain capacity to release new models, they've probably decided to break up the releases a bit more and the Leviathans variants may have been pushed back for some time.

I've pre-ordered the Hyperion as I love the cool factor of the double railguns. I'll also grab any variant that comes along...if it is a CQB variant, I can only imagine it will the Sky Drop from Hell if the Dindrenzi (in the rulebook) and RSN Battle Robots are anything to go by...although I should imagine it will be costed very appropriately...

Yeah my income can barely handle 1 helix at the moment. I expected the "no helix box will cost more than the core helix box" to stick till atleast the core races were done. So getting the surprise that MSRP was $100 already added 50% to the cost of my plans.

We were supposed to have a ranged, CQB, and hybrid with two support options...

I was aware of the ranged and CQB variants, but where did you hear about a 'hybrid' version? I just haven't seen anything about a third variant. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.