Sign in to follow this  
Darthp00p00

March 2015 Releases: Leviathans Incoming!

Given that the release of the three alien leviathans is delayed for manufacturing and model design purposes rather than rules purposes, will we get the ORBATs for them at the same time as the 3 human leviathans? It would be cool to at least be able to play test it and try it out  :)

Oh the Directorate get some 'stompy' no doubt about it!

The Nemesis Battle Robot Assault Helix......where everything is a Terror Weapon!.....or a Cyber Weapon!.....

But that's for another day...... :ph34r:

d

Delboys previous job. ;)

Yes compared to Infinity's $55 Jotum the Levis are a little pricy but Infinity is a skirmish game meant to be played with squads of troops (each side having just a hand full of soldiers)... not small armies like in Planetfall.

I can't follow you there. Are you saying because Planetfall needs more models it is okay for them to cost more? :huh:

Anyway, on of the big advantages of Spartan Games (to me) has always been the very good value for money. I do hope that Spartan will avoid the pitfall of increasing prices just because they feel that they have enough devoted customers who won't complain (or complain, but continue buying more stuff).

I don't think thats the case at all. I think its because its a 1-2-3lb (who knows) highly detailed GIANT resin model... Models that size cost money to make, and Spartan needs to set a price like that in order to maintain a profit of some sort. They are a business after all.

I don't think thats the case at all. I think its because its a 1-2-3lb (who knows) highly detailed GIANT resin model... Models that size cost money to make, and Spartan needs to set a price like that in order to maintain a profit of some sort. They are a business after all.

Yeah, that's what I figure too. Also, I imagine the moulds are fairly complex and the model will contain many pieces...I'd imagine making one would be fairly labour intensive compared to most other models in the range as well.

And the customer has the right to decide if they agree with the pricing or not. Just because one knows why something is expensive doesn't mean they automatically accept it. The leviathans do cost double that as a dreadnought in firestorm.

Note it says Firepower Leviathan, clearly there will be other types.

They showed renders of a more CQB focused unit for the Dindrenzi, my hopes was that the parts would just be interchangeable, something that could be magnetized or something, since it was only a few limbs that were new. But i guess the changes (seen and unseen) are enough to warrant a whole new type of box.