Sign in to follow this  
Darthp00p00

March 2015 Releases: Leviathans Incoming!

Absolutely fantastic stuff!!! I love the Hyperion and will be getting a couple of those battle beasts...can't wait to paint them up. I must admit to being a little jealous of the Directorate getting some Infantry with theirs, though. Leto's are an excellent unit, no doubt about it, but flavour-wise I would probably prefer to have some more Infantry...

I think people would have had a nervous breakdown if Dindrenzi got more Nyx...4 per Core is enough!!!

To be honest, I think for in-game effect, 2 x Sky Dropping Leto units (if they do indeed Sky Drop like the fluff in the blurb suggests) would prove more dangerous than 2 x Sky Dropping Nyx...but yeah maybe mate, in the very limited scope of the ORBAT's as we know them right now, another Nyx unit would aggravate people...maybe when they are fully fleshed out, other factions might end up having more Infantry, or not. Also, as the ORBAT's stand now, I'd agree that 4 units of 4 stands of Nyx with Drop Pods are excellent, but they are not THAT far ahead of 2 units of 5 stands of Patriots mounted in Intruder APC's and 1 unit of 8 stands of Patriots mounted in a Haunter APC.

I think by the time the ORBAT's are fully fleshed out, the Nyx will be easily handled by the tools each faction has at hand.

Anyway, I like Infanrty in any game I play so I was just commenting on my wishes, that's all :)

The bonus to Nyx is that...you don't know exactly where they will strike and Intruder APCs are slow and can be taken out at range, leaving the Infantry to foot slog (I seen this happen in a game last night in the shop).

You are correct though mate, everything will have a lot more ways to deal with Infantry soon. I mean, look at the Leviathians. Two recon units so that's a hell of a lot more anti-infantry.

Guest Delboy

Hi kennyal!

In previous posts [....I cant remember where......  :unsure: ] I mentioned the changes to the Leviathan Boxes.

In short, it was far too expensive to put all the options for both types of Leviathan in the same box and we didn't want to put undue pressure on gamers to stump up for super-expensive box, so we decided to separate the release to allow folks to get their hands on the Firepower Leviathans first - this also meant that we could tailor the Helixes a little better to make sure that gamers could get elements that complemented each other a little better!

The Close Support Leviathans will be coming out later. But for now you will just have to make do with the super-killy, long-range-whacky, big-badda-boom-death [technical term] that the Firepower Leviathans provide. :P

Hi Allegro!

The first three to be released are the Terran, Directorate and Dindrenzi, with of course the Aquan, Sorylian and Relthozan Leviathans coming out straight after!

Why separate them?.... put simply the factory couldn't possible keep up with the demand for Leviathans if all 6 were to come out at the same time.....also its worth mentioning the other games systems that Spartan supports needing releases too. [DW Black Wolf, DL KoB+PE New Boxes, FStA RSN reinforcements etc.]!

Rest assured the other 3 are good to go and will definitely be released in the wave following the 'human' Leviathans. :D

Cheers

d

Guest Delboy

Hi sm284!

The Recon Helixes are all done (testing-wise) and ready to go.

....finding space in the release schedule however.....is tricky.

I wouldn't expect them before the RSN and Veydreth Alliance boxes or the remaining 3 Leviathan Boxes.....

But soon.......soon..... <strokes cat in menacing fashion>  :ph34r: :ph34r:

...In short, it was far too expensive to put all the options for both types of Leviathan in the same box and we didn't want to put undue pressure on gamers to stump up for super-expensive box, so we decided to separate...

Thanks Delboy for the explaination. I can understand your choise, anyway I hope that alternative armement will be available soon at online store.

I can't afford to buy 2 Leviathans for all my armies... :unsure:

Hi sm284!

The Recon Helixes are all done (testing-wise) and ready to go.

....finding space in the release schedule however.....is tricky.

I wouldn't expect them before the RSN and Veydreth Alliance boxes or the remaining 3 Leviathan Boxes.....

But soon.......soon..... <strokes cat in menacing fashion>  :ph34r: :ph34r:

But...but....but... *eyes water*

(mans up slightly)

Make room! Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Will keep my eyes peeled :D ! 

Pretty cool news, and i've some questions in my mind :

1) The Directorate got a big daddy (Wraith Flying Leviathan), and one Haunter Armoured Personnel Carrier, different of the Intruder Combat Personnel Carrier ; this Haunter is in the center of the Wraith, but it's a Flying or Ground unit ?

2) For all the Bigs Leviathan, you have previously says we can changes the posture of this Leviathan, but we can always makes that ? and we can bought separate options for changes the weapons or we must bought new Leviathan types for have all weapons variants ?

I hope for the Directorate we will have, for the other Leviathan (Medium/Small), Leviathan walkers, and this walkers can be dropped with the Wraith (or other flying carrier units ?) like Supreme Commander video game and that make a different ways than other factions for dropped our units, because walkers are really cool stuff and i hope Directorate will have some walkers units too :wub:

You guys have missed one pretty important thing: Salute 2015, the UK's biggest wargames show, is coming up in April. Also, the Aquan, Sorylian and Relthozan Leviathans haven't been shown yet. My money is on the alien Leviathans being revealed next month, then released at the show (Spartan will have their own stand at this year's Salute, I think for the first time ever).

I don't think we have seen any assault or field support helices yet, so maybe they'll be revealed at the show as well. When it comes to UK wargaming shows, if you're going to make a splash anywhere, Salute is the place to do it. :)

Was on the phone to Neil today and it was literally a case of the production team just not being able to do all of them at once because of complexity and amount for orders. They have to release for their other systems too and it won't be long for the next 3 ;-) hint hint

Yah no kidding. The core helixes are very hard to come by. I'm not complaining, but this delay is to be expected. This game will continue to experience these kinds of delays as Spartan's production continues to catch up with the demand. It's simple economics. I'm happy for Spartan that their game(s) are so popular and I'm sure that they will remedy the supply situation, but I can understand how some are frustrated by this. 

I still don't have a Sorylian core helix, but looking at what's coming and what has been presented so far when this game reaches a supply level that meets and exceeds the demand I know there is a wonderful game to be played. And one day I'll get to play it ! :)

Or renders of the Aquan/Sorylian/Relthoza Leviathan at least...! The Leviathans you have shown, whilst nice to see the contents, we have seen for MONTHS... Plz gief us moar renders like you did before. ;-;

You would think that something could have been posted on facebook. I suspect Spartan will correct that omission quite soon.