tank0625

Prototype paint job of FSA Avion Strike Bomber *Update* 3/23

Nice. :) not a big fan of yellow. The reason why im painting the nose cones red( like everyone else :( ) but it works... :)

As for tail numbers how about the 400 series error codes?

404 (file not found) everyone knows this one... ;)

400 bad request

406 not acceptable

417 expectation failed.

422 unprocessable entity

Ther you go i even named your planes for you :P

Nice. :) not a big fan of yellow. The reason why im painting the nose cones red( like everyone else :( ) but it works... :)

As for tail numbers how about the 400 series error codes?

404 (file not found) everyone knows this one... ;)

400 bad request

406 not acceptable

417 expectation failed.

422 unprocessable entity

Ther you go i even named your planes for you :P

OK that's funny. ;)

I have two squadrons. The other squadron I was planning on using red btw.

For tail markings I was thinking letters would be easier to paint. But I'm open to suggestions.

I tried many different schemes. I think I settled on the skull and crossbones. I want the planes to look like their from the same bomber group but different squadrons. One squadron will have black tail fins and the other white. Hopefully this will look good. Let me know what you think (specially before I paint the rest of the planes). Thanks.

20150227_071647.jpg

Those look great! Did you do the skull & crossbones freehand, or is it a decal?

One other thing that *might* make the model look a little more steampunk-ish...have you thought about painting the stars on the wings in some metallic color? Maybe like a bright brass or something? I don't know how that would fit in with the rest of your aerial fleet, but it's just an idea. A bright metallic color (other than a silver-based color) would look really good in the middle of those black and white stripes, I think.

Those look great! Did you do the skull & crossbones freehand, or is it a decal?

One other thing that *might* make the model look a little more steampunk-ish...have you thought about painting the stars on the wings in some metallic color? Maybe like a bright brass or something? I don't know how that would fit in with the rest of your aerial fleet, but it's just an idea. A bright metallic color (other than a silver-based color) would look really good in the middle of those black and white stripes, I think.

The skull and crossbones are freehand.

The FSA stars in the rest of the fleet is a dark brass color. I'm not sure why I went with a white star (Maybe to keep the white striping). Now that you said that I will go back and do one to see how it looks. Thanks for the idea. :)