We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Nunizillion

What to get next

So I just got a couple of games in today with my aquan half-core, and I am enjoying our fishy friends immensely. So far the only drawback to them I've experienced is a generally smaller number of activations compared to the forces I'm fighting. 

I'm looking for what next to get to expand my force, either a Terquai recon helix or an Aquan heavy helix. Which do y'all think bolsters the core and works well in smaller games. 

If it's relevant my usual opponents are Directorate and Terrans. 

If you need to choose:

I would go for the terquai first, since you would Need their drones to take and Keep objectives,

If you don't I would add both, heavy Helix and terquai, the tank hunters are just cool models and a must in my ary, they are on my painting desk at the Moment.

Get some Terquai if you feel the need to improve your objective grabbing capabilities, and the Heavy for AT and AA.

The Terquai gives you slightly more activations in total (5 vs 4), but the heavy starts out with more on the table (2 vs 1).

I'd say both work, and have their uses, but I'm wondering if one more Core wouldn't be a decent option as well... How many points are you playing?

Edit: what he said... Especially regarding the visual quality of the tank hunters...

I managed to get a starter box with a good mate SithSquirrel and we split the forces. I got the deep sea devils and he the pencil pushing bean counters. To these i have added a heavy helix and the Recon helix and will be ordering the Leviathan when it's out. What can I say I was hooked after the first demo game back at Cancon 2015 thanks to Vanguard Mike Valiant (hope that earns him some brownie points). 

Being able to use both of the heavy tanks in the Core is the biggest reason to get another core helix - beyond that, it depends on how you want to play, from what I've seen.  If you seriously want to take and hold, the recon helix can be really mean.  But go for the heavy helix if you're seeing lots of air (not a lot of that yet) or you want to focus on just shooting things off the table.

The support heavy with its self target lock is a mean, mean piece of hardware.  Can still hit on a 3+ while being very mobile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.