Planetfall WAR LOG 3725

Players: Neiltj1 / Jonathan(NoF)

Points Value: 4500

Factions & Allies: Directorate (WR) / Directorate

Starting Zero Hour: 45

Zero Hour Score: -5 / 17

Turn Count: 3 or 4

we each ran a leviathan

Jonathan (NOF) - this statement is a lie.  :D  Was a fun game though!

Players: Spellduckwrong vs SeerK

Points Value: 4100

Factions & Allies: Dindrenzi/RSN vs Relthoza/Ba'Kash

Starting Zero Hour: 41

Zero Hour Score: 1/-3

Turn Count: 3

This one was a true nail biter, and it literally came down to the last few broken squadrons to decide the game. All I can say is, holy ****, the Dindrenzi lost a game. I still think the other races need to get boosted (maybe not Relthoza though).

...and round three, compounding Chris'humiliation :)

Players: Gray-Mako / Chrisbburn

Points Value: 2500

Factions & Allies: Directorate / Terrans (Hawker)

Starting Zero Hour: 25

Zero Hour Score: -4 / 11

Player: Kabob & Chris/James & Narique (Totally butchered the last, Sorry!)

Points Value: 5500
Factions & allies: Soryllians & Terrans vs  Dindrenzi & Relthoza
Starting Zero hour: 55
Zero Hour score: -2 / 13

​Love having more squadrons so many tactical choices!

Player: Kabob & Chris/James & Narique (Totally butchered the last, Sorry!)

Points Value: 5500

Factions & allies: Soryllians & Terrans vs  Dindrenzi & Relthoza

Starting Zero hour: 55

Zero Hour score: -2 / 13

​Love having more squadrons so many tactical choices!

You beat me too it! Nice getting the victory over those dirty Zenians. Also James is Nuckfewton. And Nikhil doesn't have a user name yet on the forums. 

Player: Big_0/ John (Not on forum)

Points Value: 4000
Factions & allies: Terrans vs  Directorate 
Starting Zero hour: 40
Zero Hour score: -9 / -2 Minor Terran Victory

Crazy back and forth game. After blowing up the Directorate Leviathan with a pinpoint attack, the surviving APC and infantry charged my Terran Leviathan and made it Forlorn Hope ( He played a card that boosted his infantry even more - combat drugs?). Sadly my Leviathan never got to take advantage of that Forlorn Hope because my opponent proceeded to use his cyber-warfare tanks and rolled a 6 to give it an activation marker. Going into the 3rd turn he was at 1 (If had not played a tactical card the previous turn he would of been at 0) on the zero hour tracker and I was at 16, but most of his squads were down to 1 guy or were severely damaged while most of my surviving squads were at full strength, which allowed me to get to the minor victory.

Players: Kraggi / Greg & Simon H
Points Value: 4200 v 5000 (2 x 2500)
Factions & Allies: Directorate with Works Raptor Allies v Sorylians  & Terran with Hawker Industry Allies

Starting Zero Hour: 42 / 50
Zero Hour Score: 19 / 20

Turn Count: 2

Bit of a wonky game, and definately would have been interesting to see where it ended up over a few more turns, like the Zero hour Trackers ability to allow slightly uneven points sizes. 

Players: SMDVogrin vs Telarion

Factions: Directorate vs Aquans

Starting zero hour tracker: 40

Final score: -5 to -19 (Aquan minor victory)

Turn count: 4

Dang, it was a close game for me being tabled. :)  Almost managed to pull out a win Turn 3 with single digits of models left - if any of my Take-and-Hold models had survived the turn, it would have been a Directorate major victory Turn 3.

Players: Zeph / (Not on Forums)

Points Value: 3000
Factions & Allies: Dindrenzi & Directorate / Directorate

Starting Zero Hour: 30
Zero Hour Score: -4 / 21 (Zenian Victory)

Players: Hannibal / Vaudania (Not on Forums)

Points Value: 2200
Factions & Allies:Terran & Hawker / Relthoza

Starting Zero Hour: 22
Zero Hour Score: 6 / 14 (Terran victory)

Turn Count: 2 (Relthoza force was almost anniliated so we stoped)

Players: hahnc / Element 

Points Value: 2700
Factions & Allies:Aquan vs Relthoza

Starting Zero Hour: 30
Zero Hour Score: -15 / -7 (Aquan victory)

Turn Count: 4

it was a clear win for the Aquans, with a ZHT of 1 to 10 in turn 3,

but finishing of the relthoza with the last DR Rating being increased is difficult,

at the end of turn 4 : from 4 relthoza squadrons left on the table, 2 where down to one hull Point, (Bakash Flyer, and Medium Walkers), and the infantry drones down to one base) ;-)

Players: Kabob/Dana McSaga (not on the boards)

Points Value: 3500ea
Factions & Allies: Sorylian vs Dindrenzi

Starting Zero Hour: 35
Zero Hour Score: -8/-3 (Sorylian Victory)

A very close game full of tactical mistakes (we're still learning). McSaga began the game with blistering attack rolls once rolling 31 hits on 20 dice but he couldn't make a morale save if his life depended on it; he lost one heavy tank, two mediums, and another light tank to disruption rolls. All-in-all it was a very fun game.

Players: Zeph / (Not on Forums)

Points Value: 3000
Factions & Allies: Dindrenzi & Directorate / Directorate

Starting Zero Hour: 30
Zero Hour Score: -1 / 25 (Zenian Victory)

Players: Big_0 / Aaron (Not on Forums)

Points Value: 1400
Factions & Allies: Terran Heroes of Tarxon VI  / Directorate

Starting Zero Hour: 14
Zero Hour Score: -2 / 0 (Terran Minor Victory)

Turn Count: 4

Players: RuneGrey / Neiltj1
Points Value: 4500
Factions & Allies: Dindrenzi / Directorate
Starting Zero Hour: 45
Zero Hour Score: -3 / 1

Sky dropping Leviathans into the opponent's back line leads to messy, messy situations.  And lots of explosions.

Players: Spellduckwrong / DM_Matt

Points Value: 5000

Factions & Allies: Dindrenzi / Sorylians

Starting Zero Hour: 50

Zero Hour Score: -15 / 7 (Dindrenzi Major Victory)

Two squads of Sweeper-Nyx killed the Sorylian Leviathan on Turn 1 before it could even activate. Wow.

Two squads of Sweeper-Nyx killed the Sorylian Leviathan on Turn 1 before it could even activate. Wow.

So your opponent took a hit from a Nyx squad, then on his turn to activate before your second Nyx Squad arrived, he didn't move his Leviathan?

Did you place a Sky Drop Marker right next to his Leviathan during deployment? Did you zero the Sky Drop Marker in?

Its actually not too hard if your opponent has his core helix activation running when you start hammering the drop pods down.  There's no way to react with a potential 5+ activations left to go - your only hope is to get something in overwatch to cover against any more drops.

On the other hand, daymn.  That's gangbusters rolling for damage - at 2 damage a pop, you're rolling well above average to put 21 successes into it first team, and 19 into it with the second.

So your opponent took a hit from a Nyx squad, then on his turn to activate before your second Nyx Squad arrived, he didn't move his Leviathan?

Did you place a Sky Drop Marker right next to his Leviathan during deployment? Did you zero the Sky Drop Marker in?

Maybe he selected his core to move first, so the leviathan would have been sitting there till it died.

Its actually not too hard if your opponent has his core helix activation running when you start hammering the drop pods down.  There's no way to react with a potential 5+ activations left to go - your only hope is to get something in overwatch to cover against any more drops.

+

Maybe he selected his core to move first, so the leviathan would have been sitting there till it died.

Yeah, it must've been the case. I guess the Sky Drop Marker must've been placed right next to the Leviathan, and zeroed in very early in the first turn (so I guess the Leviathan and the Sky Drop Marker must've been placed towards the front of the deployment zone for a Squadron containing a Circe to reach in the first turn, or maybe further back and a Sky Dropping Hyperion got to reach it and zero it, or the Nyx dropped on an unzeroed Sky Drop Marker and got lucky deviation rolls twice). I wonder why he didn't activate the Leviathan first? Maybe he had other Sky Drop Markers next to units he considered more valuable or more vulnerable, although at 800 points and 15TV, I think my first activation would be to move away from any Sky Drop Markers that had been placed near me, or perhaps get some good Overwatch firepower onto it. Although, with Lumbering and especially with the Nyx speed bump to 6", moving the Leviathan away may not have been effective.

On the other hand, daymn.  That's gangbusters rolling for damage - at 2 damage a pop, you're rolling well above average to put 21 successes into it first team, and 19 into it with the second.

I think the average is 17-18 successes before re-rolling 1's and after those are re-rolled you are probably looking at 19-20 successes, so average to slightly above average rolls.