Sign in to follow this  
ynof

Tactical strike force

I really like the idea of using Cyberwarfare weapons to crippple a ship's systems, then blow it apart with lots of firepower.

Which fleet would be best for that kind of setup? I assume these three are the prime candidates:

Directorate: They have their R&D Cruisers and Drones.

OmniDyne: Almost all their ships have Cyber... but in terms of raw firepower, they don't seem to have that much...

Hawker Industries: Their bigger ships list Cyber weapons as Hardpoint options. I'd probably always choose them.

Which do you think is the best for a surgical, black ops strike force?

ynof

Three Omnidyne gunships roll up to 20AD at RB2; you can easily do a targeted strike on almost anything with that. Target defensive systems, take down PD, then hit 'em with 18 ART (Assault Robot Torpedoes).

That's good odds for landing two Crits on a Battleship, PD down, AND d3 Crew Loss.

If you want multi-target firepower, the DN can have three Cruiser-threatening shots in the Front Arc plus a 6-Wing Bomber Token...

A little late to chime in so I apologize, but Directorate with OmniDyne allies can be pretty dirt nasty.  It's my go to list.  Auditor Gunships can really lay down pain at RB2 and combined with their cyber weapons they chew crew apart.  The Foundry Dreadnought is also a monster if the game has the points ceiling to field it.  You can expand its options to be either a supportive carrier that's hard to kill to a ship that's impossible to kill with its built in self repair, high DR/CR, extra shields and support shuttles.  Keep a group of Directorate Heavy Cruisers near the OmniDyne ships or bring them on via flank/shunt and capitalize on a freshly de-crewed Battleship.  

I played a game where my Foundry tanked half a board and de-crewed and crippled a Praetorian and a squadron of cruisers.  Unfortunately I wasn't thinking ahead and had the rest of my Directorate fleet on the other side of the board losing the mission for me.  Had I either swung my heavy cruisers around early enough or had them on the Foundry side of the board to begin with to capture that Praetorian I would have won handily.