Captain_Dan

Rulebook Sky drop example (page 81)

Just to comment about the skydropping Din leviathan that falls on top of the Thor. The rulebook says "The Hyperion  must continue down the line of the deviation until it CAN deploy.

Does it means it can be positioned in a way it can be TOUCHING the other model´s bases? (and then applying the leviathan CQB value)

I know is a rare ocurrence because you can only kill one model that way, unless a player wants just use the standard CQB to be able to kill more models (providing the player has that option)

Also I think the skydropping models should declare the orientation they will have before rolling for dispersion (they keep that orientation)

Hope it helps, this is just some stuff to help polishing the rules until a FAQ about it is released. ;)

So say my drop scatters over a model(s) an then over an unoccupied building.

1:Landin out side of CQB of any opponents squads no CQB is called the the unit is safe from all CQB Fire. The passed over model(s) has no pool to add to.

2: Landing inside CQB of any opponents Squad, no matter how far the drop ends away from a unit it passed over as long as a CQB is called for, the passed over model(s) gets to add the CQB to the pool.

3: Only model(s) passed over get to add their CQB not squads

Have I got this right?

So say my drop scatters over a model(s) an then over an unoccupied building.

1:Landin out side of CQB of any opponents squads no CQB is called the the unit is safe from all CQB Fire. The passed over model(s) has no pool to add to.

2: Landing inside CQB of any opponents Squad, no matter how far the drop ends away from a unit it passed over as long as a CQB is called for, the passed over model(s) gets to add the CQB to the pool.

3: Only model(s) passed over get to add their CQB not squads

Have I got this right?

Yup reads correct to me.

Also do you drop at the earliest point you could when scattering extra distance due to blocking/impassable.

NO I don't want to be here if I twist my base technically can't deploy carry on down the line.

Given that rule exact wording is 'can deploy' you should have to deploy it as soon as you can fit the base down 1" away for enemy models / not in impassable terrain.

if my memory serves me right this passing over thing was discussed and ruled on a few months ago and it was all models passed within 4' of either side of the line and the entire squad that calls the CQB at the end. effect is devastating if you elect to drop in amongst enemy forces.

I think the diagram is unclear. It shows the lev landing on top of an enemy model firtst, then landing within 1" of the tanks,

The text ruling are :

"Deployed models may not be placed within 1" of a enemy Model and must be in Coherency"

And

"If a Model is unable to deploy due to a lack of space at the determined location, the Midel must travel further down the direction of Deviation until such time as it - and any asset being transported - can deploy".

I don't see why there would be a difference of ruling between first and consecutive landing sites

FYI, this has been discussed before (I'll see if I can find the old post). Previous conclusion:The diagrams are not to scale, use them only as visual reference not rule. 

Also, as a related side note that came up in the previous thread: You cannot deploy off table, so a squadron cannot scatter off the board due to passing over models. Though we never quite pinned down what does happen if they scatter that far.

Correct Drakere, if the initial deviation distance and direction sends them off table. However there was a clarification that the "passing over models" rules would not be capable of sending them off table as heavily urban (cityscape) boards would make drop forces unplayable. I clarified my earlier post.

I remember it Max. It was a game changer for me!

It's under the Hyperion post:

Awesomeshotdude, on 26 Feb 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:snapback.png

I got an answer back from Delboy and it is this;

The rule for "Passing Over", applies to both Models and Impassable terrain. So a Sky Drop unit would not be destroyed if it deviated onto Impassable Terrain, it would use the "Passing Over" rule.

This clarification should be appearing in the next FAQ update.

There is no mention of "off table" in this post, it only says that a impassable terrain would be passed over, and would not detroy the unit.

But is it possible to make a unit deviate of table by passing over units ?

There is no mention of "off table" in this post, it only says that a impassable terrain would be passed over, and would not detroy the unit.

But is it possible to make a unit deviate of table by passing over units ?

That was the jist of the issue, someone asked that and the answer was no. Just having trouble pinning it down.