Sign in to follow this  
Commander Kane

Marauder ship ideas.

Lets see what we can come up with people. Try to keep it balanced peeps.

While I know they can all freely mix IMO its just cool to have options for both a uniformed fleet and Pirate flying circus:)

My suggestion would be for syndicate:

Crusier/heavy cruiser that can be either geared as an assault crusier, a torp cruiser or normal/heavy cruiser maybe a multi kit since all of those are something sydicate lacks atm .

Destroyer just for medium pick diversity something with ambush and super high speed and stupidly maneuvarable and a lot of beams/kinetics at RB 3 4 (thinking smaller deterrents to skirt the battlefield and pick targets).

For omnidyne

An assault cruiser just pops right to mind.

Was thinking a carrier too but their BB can be geared as a carrier so no point.

Normal cruisers for these guys  on the other hand sound nice though.

A frigate for them too is a good idea.

For corsairs (lots of ideas here)

Pirate battlestation, just cause its something instead of a dread cause pirates would not have acces to dreads imo.

A super tough battleship, something old but really tough tanky and nasty with big broadsides and a turrets at RB 2 3

A gunship/heavy cruiser with SRS and mines just for diversity and it kinda seems like something pirates would do, deploy SRS on something that should not have it.

Corvettes with torpedoes:)

Oroshan

Battlecruisers for these guys would kick ass, thinking upgunned and larger defilers (drool)

Maybe destroyers also.

STL

Thinking a large squadron of squishy assault cruisers with a lot of AP

Pathogen allready have a lot of choices so no suggestions here.

For corsairs (lots of ideas here)

Pirate battlestation, just cause its something instead of a dread cause pirates would not have acces to dreads imo.

A super tough battleship, something old but really tough tanky and nasty with big broadsides and a turrets at RB 2 3

A gunship/heavy cruiser with SRS and mines just for diversity and it kinda seems like something pirates would do, deploy SRS on something that should not have it.

Corvettes with torpedoes:)

I really disagree with the idea of a pirate battlestation. Pirates usually survive by remaining mobile and easily hidden. While I could see a pirate battlestation - singular - as a base of operations or a place to stash dependents or loot, it doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that pirates would be willing to risk in battle. And then, when the battle is over, what would they do with it? Do they tow it around? No... it doesn't make sense. Battlestations are for factions with an interest in defending a static location, not nomadic reavers and thieves.

As far as your other recommendations... if you think the Corsairs lack diversity, you should reread their fleet list. They only have a few ships, but they can configure them in a ton of awesome ways, including as both gunships, SRS platforms, and boarding platforms. Nothing you suggest is really outside the realm of possibility for the Corsair ships as described in their fleet document.