Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

projectmanhatten5

School exams presentations

Hello everyone,

Next month I have to give an English presentation at my school for my exams. The presentation has the subject hobby so I chose to give a presentation about Dystopian Legions. The presentation is about Dystopian Legions, Spartan Games and the Mini war gaming hobby. If you guys are interested in watching it, I have added a link to the Powerpoint. The file is to big to upload so you can gain acces to it via the link and watch/download it from there. There is no big text in it, but I will tell a lot during the presentation it self. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B22JaBfLFFhnVzlhNUIwMEF0b00/view?usp=sharing

If you guys have feedback about it let me know because this is also a promotion for Spartan Games and as a Vanguard that is really important to me ;)

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

Hey, a neat idea and sure to be an out of the box piece for your classmates.  Here's some feedback from reading it over:

Mini Wargaming - may sound more respectable to refer to it as Miniature Wargaming to avoid the short forms.

Slide 3 - Conquer changes tense from the other lines, should be Conguering Battlefields

Slide 5 - 7 Core Nations  <- missing the s

Slide 6 - Water Based paint is pretty broad, and not necessarily what people use.  Maybe it's my viewer, but this slide is almost empty.  At this point, maybe having some images of models, and the "tools of the trade" kind of illustration, noting the intricate process of prepping models.

Slide 8 - Maybe it's a geographic thing, but in Canada we have volunteers, not voluntaries - which I have looked up and it seems to be a secondary meaning of the word, just highly irregular to use it in the context that you are by my understanding.

- "Doing extras for the community" should also be rephrased as it is grammatically nonsensical for extras to be a verb outside of a person standing in the background on a movie set.

Slide 9 - Good opportunity for a splash page of some game artwork or something interesting.  Last impressions carry with the memory, and since you are going to ask if there are any questions, you can make it a title instead of a question. ie. just "Questions"

Good luck on your presentation :)

Another thing that should be noted is that Spartan is in the region of Somerset, not Summerset.

And the Table of Contents has an 's' because it's plural although Americans would have no problem understanding it without the s.

Thanks for the feedback Jlav!

I have edited most of the thinks you told me, it is weird that you have an  "empty" side with the Hobby....I have added some pics of my models. (I looked at it and indeed the pictures of my models aren't there. IT IS FIXED AFTER A LOT OF FRUSTRATION :P )

The Questions slide would be great but the teachers are stubborn and the Ending slide must be the same as the Questions slide because the presentation is practically over and blah blah blah....They have to show off their education ;)

Giles, I'm considering to bring some miniatures because it would be cool to show them so the chance will be great that I will bring some :)
And there is not enough space for more pictures.....we also have a slide limit :(

Thanks Roadkizzle I have changed it

So the new version will be downloadable via the same link. Thanks for the help and for everyone feel free to give more feedback.

Not bad, If you're going to describe what wargaming is about I always find the analogy "like complex chess but with dice" works well,  I noticed that you don't allude to any statistics but they are arguably move pivotal than dice rolling and measuring, so mentioning that a piece is governed by statistics which dictate what actions it can do within the game and that they all have points value attached to measure their worth and balance the game.

Positives of wargaming include, increased manual dexterity, attention to detail, the better ability to judge distances (in inches anyway) and they help with numeracy skills and encourage a deeper learning of probability, and that it is a social hobby which by it's definition forces people to interact with others.

It's looking good. I agree with Drachenfutters comments.

I'd like to add that I don't think you need to include Dystopian Wars as the sister game in the Table of Contents. It's better home is on the actual Dystopian Legions slide, where it already appears.

Hey guys

Thanks for reacting. For Drachenfutters, we have the rule to make a presentation with only a few words so I will tell about the statistics of the game and the advntages is a good point. I havent thought about it so I will tell that for sure.

For Roadkizzle, I will edit this. It is indeed a little confusing.

Thanks guys for the commenting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.