Commander Drakere

January 2015 Release: "Storm Zone: Return of the Overseers"

Wow... I need this box set! 

I have a question though, there's no mention of a preorder and you can add the product to your basket.

Was the release date mentioned in the newsletter? 

Also, Except for the direct link provided here, there is nothing on the website announcing it nor on the facbook page.

Is it ok to spread the word by sharing this direct link?

Yes, you might not have noticed it across the previous posts, but the shipping date is January 28th:)

The link comes from the newsletter, I don't think there are any issues with it, but I'll remove it if asked. 

They seem like pretty cool models, and I hope I'll be able to get my hands on that portal, but I'd rather have seen some of the ships for which we've had the stats for half a year now, but which haven't been released, yet. Just feels like V1, when we had stats and previews for models that were never released and everything moved on to V2...

If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die...

So basically, once again ;), the humans go to an ancient planet and awaken unspeakable evil.  :rolleyes: (we never learn...)

I'll paint their ship as a shadowy glowy black thing that absorbs all light and psychically screams when its attacked.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Zak

If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die...

So basically, once again ;), the humans go to an ancient planet and awaken unspeakable evil.  :rolleyes: (we never learn...)

I'll paint their ship as a shadowy glowy black thing that absorbs all light and psychically screams when its attacked.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Zak

I keep thinking Third Space and not the Shadows, Zak.

Return of the Overseers?

Who are they?

That's easy. The "Overseers" are a Class of Directorate Carrier vessels. Obviously some have been reactivated and/or reassigned to front duty to support the invasion. Hence "the Return".

I'd forgotten about the Tarakian fluff about them fleeing some great evil from another galaxy.  That could tie in too.  Though this seems more related to something pre-existing in Aquan space--boy would the Tarakians feel stupid if they fled the other place only to end up moving in next door to an outpost of the same civilization they were fleeing :)

"Third Space" is not a happy memory for me.

How about Star Gate instead? :P

The fight scenes were cool...

But I think the previous poster was correct. This is soooo third space aliens. A giant space Stargate from which a creeping terror that causes fear in the mind emerges. Something tells me Cthulhu comes from the watery depths...

Zak

But I think the previous poster was correct. This is soooo third space aliens. A giant space Stargate from which a creeping terror that causes fear in the mind emerges. Something tells me Cthulhu comes from the watery depths...

Zak

Yeah but he is Aquan.

Zak

would be a fun way to reintroduce the Pathogen... would have a Flood vibe... ancient menace locked away on a secret celestial body... only to be woken up by the futile conflicts of two clashing factions. fits the bill just about right.

Anniversary,_flood_outbreak.jpg