Commander Drakere

January 2015 Release: "Storm Zone: Return of the Overseers"

.... That is a lot more new ship designs than I expected... New toys for rest of us enroute?!

Given that the other factions didn't get any new stuff when terrans and dindrenzi got the Valhalla battleships, I wouldn't really hold your breath.

Anyway ,that all looks amazeballs, and the only old models in the entire set are the frigates.

Given that the other factions didn't get any new stuff when terrans and dindrenzi got the Valhalla battleships, I wouldn't really hold your breath.

Anyway ,that all looks amazeballs, and the only old models in the entire set are the frigates.

Yus but.. we only got 1 new ship from that, there looks to be like, 3 new ship designs for Directorate and Aquans in that? :o

Do those tasty Aquan cruisers come in squads of 4?

Shaun

Spartan has made a good job this edition of selling units in the appropriate squad size so, at a guess, I'd say all the cruisers are max size 2. Otherwise, you'd be short changed and I don't think they'd do that.

That means they'll have to be pretty powerful squads though...

Let the stat guessing begin :P

;)

Zak

@Pok: But I want my hype traaaaaaaain and the dreams that chugchug upon it! ;-; Fine.. i'll be sensible. :(

Looks awesome altogether, if it was hard to choose between Aquans and Terrans before when I first picked up FSA it just became a LOT harder... Primary for aquans is I hate their standard cruiser design. Those cruisers are smexy....

So...

1) slightly new naming convention for Aquan ships (but 2/3 are still water related)

2) a name for the "old ones" mentioned in Proteus Prime, and what could be some terrain from them as well!

3) Aquan gunships? Yes please! Will be interesting to see how the new cruisers differs from the standard type, half the squadron size indicates high values of something....

So much for keeping hobby spending low next quarter...

And then, they intorduce a new subclass of ship...'the heavy carrier!' Simply amazing! I love when they create new class of ship.

Both have gunships now. I think Spartan is making this kind of ship a standard across all 6 factions now.

Then, I hope the new directorate R&D ship will have new functionalities and be different from the former R&D already in place.

With a squadron size of two it would seem the new R&D will be different from the Tormentor, any guesses on that bfg it's toting? Not to mention the Aquan cruiser and it's bf... something?

Super stoked for this, Will and I will be diving into this box asap! Also mad props to Spartan for sticking to the core races and not just sticking those of us who have already bought into the faction with multiple duplicates of the patrol fleets! It's nice to see something other then the basics.

New directorate R&D has grav weapons. Damage mode only

Directorate gunship is a cyber war gunship

Cant remember the details of the BB

Aquan new cruiser has a big crystal array up front. So aquans can pull similar stunts to their ground based crystal arrays.... other aquan squads can shoot at them and it amplifies and redirects the beam. Needs a command check. Can also accompany the new heavy carrier

Source: chatting at warfare. God its hard keeping quiet!

*some bits may have changed since