Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jlav

Jlav's Terrain

This thead will contain my adventures in making terrain.  I don't actualy have any models yet, and when I stopped playing another game, I got rid of almost all of my terrain and my game boards.  So this will contain the project of rebuilding everything.

To start off, here's a workshop I've been working on. Please pardon the figure, he is 32mm to the eyes, and serves as an indication of scale.

668154_md-Buildings%2C%20Dystopian%20Leg

boiler On building

boiler On building 2

Here's a short story behind the workshop: The Demonstration

And Here's a couple of my old buildings.  The process with them was a little different, using drywall mud and putty knifes.

DSC09017.jpg

Finally got flock on my table.

762889_md-2-sided%2C%20Double-sided%2C%2

Some Japanese Themed walls

762888_md-Japanese%2C%20Japanese%20Walls

Iceburgs I salvaged

762887_md-Iceburgs%2C%20Snow%20Table.jpe

The Tin roof is indeed a corrugated craft paper.  I believe you can also find it in pizza boxes and taco kits.

The brick was done by peeling the paper off of dollar store foam core, and cutting the shapes with a razor blade.  Then scored with a pencil/pen and textured by placing it on a dirty floor and walking on it.

Based it with dark grey, painted with a brown, drybrushed with a pink and tan, then picked out a few bricks with a maple tone.

The tank is a pepsi can, with cardboard for the straps and bands.  Rivets are dots of gorilla glue (polyurethane) that foam into dome shapes.  I kind of screwed these up this time.

The loading dock is made from a block of foam.

Got the boiler finished on the workshop, though I see by the picture, that I may need another layer of paint over one area.

The roof is made from corrugated craft paper, and the other roof was a recycled cereal box.

Salvaged some "iceburgs" from a store display for an event, and voila, I now have an ice table for the water side of my table. (the table is reversable).

Here's the original application,

762886_md-Store%20Display%20Iceburgs.jpe Kids could fish christmas boubles out, and on the bottom was a prize.

And now they are my rudimentary ice table... I guess I might need to take up DW, or add COA to my list of armies.

762887_md-Iceburgs%2C%20Snow%20Table.jpe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.