Deep one

Is it possible for Spartan to talk to us

Just a quick post to ask if spartan could find five minutes to let us know whats going on? The forum. Is becoming flooded by questions and it would be nice to know some sort of timetable of responses even if its within the next month.

Thank you and this isn't a rant just a concerned gamer who is feeling a bit in the dark. I do appreciate they are busy but even A stock answer would help reduce the amount of negativity becoming apparent on the forums .

they're busy.

packing all the stuff we've ordered.

i wouldn't even permit toilet breaks if i could get away with it.

every number 2 is 2 boxes left unpacked!

Actually I don't accept "busy" as an excuse. It' sorta like buying a car; if I buy a car and the windows don't work and the break kept going out, then I'd take it back in. If they said, "we sold so many that we're really busy..." I wouldn't accept that as an excuse not to fix or resolve the issues with mine.

Spartan Ricky last answered anything on the 10th delboy on the 6 th, it's now the 24 th with new product dropping in about 2 weeks, and people have a lot of questions.

I want to invest more money in planetfall but am wary too, the orbats were promised to be released on the release day of planetfall, we were told they were done and would be uploaded on that day. They were not,now we have multiple boxes being released on the 10th with no rules or even the option to buy said army lists or a sign when they will be released.I simply cannot afford to buy models just because they are pretty so I have to decide when to cut my losses and treat planetfall like a kickstarter board game, i don't. Want this to be the case as I have enjoyed playing planetfall, but lack of rules support and honest communication over delays has made me nervous.

You can...buy the models when they have rules. To the best of my knowledge, they do not have a best-before date, and you don't get 50% less if you don't preorder. Literally all it takes is being a sensible human being and not jumping at products sight unseen.

It doesn't excuse lack of communication, but it does mean you're not ending up with Assasins Creed: Unity.

I do agree with you about no sell by date, my point is much more one of starting to even doubt about any longevity of this game if spartan cannot even deliver what was pre ordered correctly as seen in the numerous post about missing components, I want to see it succeed but a minutes worth of communication would be nice even if its saying they are swamped and will get back to us in the next month.

Yes, communication could be better. There should have been some rules for the models of the core helix at least in the rule book, or printed booklets in the box sets. I understand the benefits of a 'living' orbats, but unless the company expands and has people dedicated to it, this is not working. I'd rather have a booklet or model rules in the rulebook with a typo or two than nothing at all.

Yes, communication could be better. There should have been some rules for the models of the core helix at least in the rule book, or printed booklets in the box sets. I understand the benefits of a 'living' orbats, but unless the company expands and has people dedicated to it, this is not working. I'd rather have a booklet or model rules in the rulebook with a typo or two than nothing at all.

Exactly this! No words need to be added to what you said!!!

I agree as much as I would like to see this game develop I will hold off purchasing more until this game justifies the expenditure on further sets. I fear that Spartan has overreached themselves. Look at the posts regarding delay in obtaining the first releases and the missing parts. I had to contact SG as I had one of the Terquai boxes with the missing heads, resolved as always by SG, and now I read it should have had sky drop tokens.

Look at Armoured Clash, original Planetfall and Unchartered Seas the same complaints about the lack of input from SG. Dwars has a 55 page thread on the rules forum and keep getting told FAQ coming soon.

Frankly I cannot see the point anymore of the threads and posts asking for a response from such a small company as SG.

Spartan alex made a bunch of posts over in the FSA forums and is specifically thanked in the Planetfall book so maybe he will come in like the kool-aid man!

I already PM'd him asking if he would have a look at some of the rules questions in the rules thread, and he replied saying that it is Delboy's show and that I would have to contact Delboy. It is awesome that Spartan Alex has been weighing in on the Firestorm Armada rules section though, so we can be thankful for that for sure.

I've PM'd Delboy three times with a heap of questions and a request to visit the rules section of the Planetfall forum. He answered my first PM, but not the last two, and I have seen him on here since then.

I wish the playtesters would jump into the rules section and help out with all the questions.

Maybe Delboy is quietly collecting questions and answering them...to be released as a Errata/FAQ when the ORBAT's drop for the upcoming Helix releases on the 10th Dec.

This is getting ridiculous.  SUPPORT YOUR GAMES SPARTA!!

I'm trying to convince my FLGS to carry the game, but after he carried Uncharted Seas, only to see it not supported in favor of Firestorm Armada, then support for that got dropped for Dystopian Wars, he has become extremely cautious regarding carrying their product.  For a game store owner to want to carry a game there needs to be regular releases and RULES SUPPORT.  No FLGS wants to stock a product that isn't being added to regularly (to encourage sales to existing customers), and isn't being routinely supported rules-wise (to keep people playing which draws in new players).  We are nearing the one month mark since the starter released.  Dozens of rules questions have been left unanswered and there is little indication as to whether they will even make their next release date.  While it's far to early to start declaring a repeat of past experience, this apparent stonewalling of customers by Spartan is troubling to game stores.  Add to that the obvious competitor for the scale and genre in DzC I am often asked by him why he should carry Planetfall as apposed to DzC.

Or it could be that all hands are on deck producing and packing the products for December release.  Spartan is a VERY small company compared to some of the players you're used to that still don't communicate directly with customers.  I think that, with Planetfall, they are the victims of their own success.  My FLGS' distributor told him that Spartan were sold out of the 2-player starter and didn't know when they'd be able to get a restock.  Selling out of your launch product is great, but that means you need to double down and make more.

Add to that the obvious competitor for the scale and genre in DzC I am often asked by him why he should carry Planetfall as apposed to DzC.

Because DzC costs a bloody fortune, 2 testicles, and a 40k army in trade... lol.

... My FLGS' distributor told him that Spartan were sold out of the 2-player starter and didn't know when they'd be able to get a restock. 

Treefort Games in Fayetteville Ga if anyone is looking for a copy.

We have 2 copies left, though I'd rather they go to someone local.

Because DzC costs a bloody fortune, 2 testicles, and a 40k army in trade... lol.

DzC is better now, with the plastic starters.  But I was still not a fan of paying ~$70 for a single model and the transport that's all but required to make it useful (Hades Walker/Poseidon Transport).  

My FLGS owner can't stand that game, for reasons that he's never really gone into.  In fact, he dislikes it so much that he'd assumed it had gone under.  He was surprised the other day when it came up in conversation, and I mentioned that it was still around.  Subsequently, he stated that he likely wouldn't carry it even if there were interest in it (which is a *very* unusual stance for him to take).

For a game store owner to want to carry a game there needs to be regular releases and RULES SUPPORT.  No FLGS wants to stock a product that isn't being added to regularly (to encourage sales to existing customers), and isn't being routinely supported rules-wise (to keep people playing which draws in new players).  We are nearing the one month mark since the starter released.  Dozens of rules questions have been left unanswered and there is little indication as to whether they will even make their next release date.  While it's far to early to start declaring a repeat of past experience, this apparent stonewalling of customers by Spartan is troubling to game stores.

I believe games workshop absorbed the only department that would answer questions (that one guy on their fb page), releases erratas incredibly infrequently and even then does not answer the questions asked by the majority of customers just reiterates things that most thought were obvious... and yet most hobby shops carry games workshop products and if the argument of no one will buy into a game that does not have any new rules or models for over a month would mean WHFB should have stop existing a long time ago.

That being said I reaaaally wish that we could see the orbats and many of the questions people have be cleared up, one i have not seen asked but i am debating pm-ing someone over is: are the pewter infantry models separate as those are the positions that will be taken by 'commanders' and 'heavy ordinance' soldiers, will these be released as a clamp-pack or will they be part of an upcoming helix? or just obscured and assumed to be there....

With spartan ricky doing thier online stuff and Alex reappearing on the FSA boards i do hope for more comminication and releases... i wish spartan was big enough to have 2-3 guys for each game (combine where needed Legions/DW PF/FSA) then we could keep ricky doing online and a good flow of models :D