Sign in to follow this  
gr1mdan

Slayer Gaming presents :: Firestorm 2015 :: UK Tournament

firestorm%20armada%20poster%20JPEG_zpsm0

Greetings fellow Admirals,

Slayer Gaming is hosting it's first major Firestorm Tournament of 2015 on the 9th-10th of May. Inspired by the great success that Chris had with Reading Warfare we want to offer the UK players another major tournament but in the Midlands/North of the UK.

The event will take place over 2 days and 5 games at 800 points PATROL fleet level at Slayer Gaming, Mansfield, UK. Directions and Map: https://goo.gl/maps/snjZA

The Missions will be variations on the standard FSA ones and possibly a new one.

Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Best Painted and the infamous Wooden Spoon (whom resides with one of our customers from the Reading tournament!)

Tickets are £20.

We have made 16 places available with a staggering 13 already taken (our shops FSA player base is quite incredible). If we get more interest we can accommodate up to 24.

Local accommodation can be found at a discounted rate providing you mention it's for a Slayer Gaming tournament @ "Hotel 281" in Mansfield. http://www.281restaurantandrooms.co.uk

http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/event/80082 - Tickets can now be purchased through Ticket Source. Please use this guys as it really helps us keep track!

UPDATED - TOURNAMENT PACK CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE - http://www.files.co.uk/shared/54b5b4c7e0a9e/FirestormTournamentPack.pdf

Im there. Got to bring to spoon back home!

Me and Dan are hoping to turn Reading and Mansfield into some sort of league as we progress, plus any other tournements that can be established. One in july/august somewhere would be good as Reading and Mansfield are 6 months apart.

Hey Iron,

Yeah I'm looking at a one dayer in the future or even possibly a Pauper Fleet evening (390points) as most of my regulars can't commit to weekends but I wanted to put a big weekend on regardless as I feel it's still the "proper tournament" way.

Last roll call for tomorrow.

Had a damn ton of regulars to the club let me down over the last few weeks and I feel absolutely terrible for Chris and Craig who've traveled over 3 hours to get here, with terrain, and helping me set up right now for tomorrow.

Last roll call for tomorrow.

Had a damn ton of regulars to the club let me down over the last few weeks and I feel absolutely terrible for Chris and Craig who've traveled over 3 hours to get here, with terrain, and helping me set up right now for tomorrow.

Take it from the bright side gr1mdan, less people mean bigger chance to win prize for the ones that stayed in ;) So they shouldn't be dissapointed much. :)

There were only six players in the end, Chris and Craig made a stirling effort getting up for the weekend and it was a shame that more folks didn't turn out, although it was a great weekend of intense FA action.

There were 3 Relthoza fleets, 1 Aquan, 1 RSN and 1 Terran (mine)fleets. Each player played each other for a total of 5 games each over the weekend. The first three mission were missions 1,2 & 4 from the rule book, the last two missions were ones developed by Grd1man for the event, the first was similar to mission 3 out of the rule book with 6 objectives to find and an emphasis on Tier 3s arriving on the board first in an advanced role ahead of the Tier 2s and Tier 1s. The last mission was an ambush mission using the short edges of the board as deployment zones with one fleet trying to get as many squadrons as they could to the opposite end of the board.

I can’t recall all the individual results result but Craig with his ‘Shunt – Wing’ Relthoza was victorious over the two days with 4 wins and 1 loss.

Myself with my Terran fleet had 1 loss and 4 draws, the only loss was to Craigs Relthoza

If my memory serves me right, the final result was

1. Relthoza

2. Relthoza

3. Aquan

4. Terran

5. RSN

6. Relthoza

There were a lot of draws across the board, with the calibre of players and the log restricted to 10 (800pts) it was tricky to get the separation for wins, except for the winner that is :)

Some highlights included Craig triple critting an Aquan battleship with thirty odd AD (lots of 6s) and myself double critting an Aquan cruiser then rolling two double 1s on the crit table and taking out two more cruisers with the resulting explosions.

All in all a great weekend with some top guys, lots of fun playing one of the best games out there.