Sign in to follow this  
Rocy7

Xelocian – Tarakian Battle Fleet 1200 MFV

I know that this list in not ideal especially for scenario  2, but can be interesing J

assumptions
Xelocian give decent potency of fire, Tarakians Battleships, with appropriate use the area will significantly increase the resistance of the fleet.

Xelocian – Tarakian Battle Fleet 1200 MFV

Tier I                                                                          375 points

Xelocian Dreadnought

+1 Shield Rating                   

Give the Beam Weapons the Corrosive MAR          15                   

Give the Beam Weapons the Split Fire MAR           5

4 x Fighters

Tarakian Battleship                                                   235 points

Gain the Self Repair MAR

+2 Wing Capacity

6 x Fighters

Tarakian Battleship                                                   210 points

Gain the Self Repair MAR

1 x support shuttle

Tier II                                                                        300 points

4x Hantari CRUISER

4x Give the Beam Weapons the Corrosive MAR +10

Tier III

2 x Xelocian Karn Frigate                                         40 points                                                       

2 x Xelocian Karn Frigate                                         40 points

Certainly a durable list, but you're gonna get outmaneuvered quite handily. Since the primary firepower in all of the ships is fore-fixed, that could be a big issue. There just won't be enough attacks to go around to keep your flanks defended. Your frigates are going to be pretty impotent as well, they won't be able to bring a whole lot to the table. Personally, I'd drop one of the battleships and flush out your frigate squadrons, and/or invest in some more cruisers. The Tarakian cruisers in particular would give you a bunch of flexible torpedo firepower, and since they all have indirect weapons, they don't care too much about damage.

Err, check again, yes, the Tarakian battleships still have double weapons in 3 arcs, with the SB/P primary being the strongest.

The Xelocians have nice SB/P beams as well.

The frigates would get a reform turn1, if I'd been playing. Yes, not many activations.

I will try this list after finishing my Xelo cruiser conversion :-)

As Wyrn said starboard/port weapons range and firepower at Dreadgnough and Battleship (Ganak has better side weapons than fore) should get me enought firepower to get my flank covered.

Frigates will be reform by TAC, I know that this list is not ideal but can be fun.