Kurgan

Kurgan's Directorate

So I too got into painting my new minis and here is the first test model. I like the result so I will continue with the rest in the same fashion. Unfortunatelly the picture is pretty bad, partly due to the lighting I have at hand and partly because I still need to apply matt varnish - but that will be done after I finish the whole squadron. I will finish the base with some grass etc. when I paint the whole squadron.

buggy.jpg?ver=2

Thanks a lot guys! I finished the other four and started to experiment with bases...and got stuck there as I have almost zero experience with grass/foliage etc. on bases - all my previous bases are either urban or covered in snow. Right now I plan to buy darker grass and will try to mix it up a bit. Any other suggestions on what to use? I was thinking about tropical bases, but have no ideas about what to use.

buggy_squad.jpg?ver=2

Thanks a lot guys! I finished the other four and started to experiment with bases...and got stuck there as I have almost zero experience with grass/foliage etc. on bases - all my previous bases are either urban or covered in snow. Right now I plan to buy darker grass and will try to mix it up a bit. Any other suggestions on what to use? I was thinking about tropical bases, but have no ideas about what to use.

Awesome looking mini's, well done.

I think the flock you have done looks, nice, and the like green colour of it stands out well against the colour of the base as well as matching well with the green of the Buggy.

For smaller scales, like 6mm and 10mm, I usually use a finer grade of flock. Also, the pre-made grass tufts are really nice and very easy to apply and look fantastic and you can get them in lengths suitable for 10mm scale. If you feel they are still a little too long you can very easily trim them with nail clippers or small scissors.

Thanks guys!

I would recommend yellow lights, otherwise you arrive in christmas country very quickly.

Well, I like Christmas! :lol:

Really nice!!

Maybye you could add some small (red) lights

Already added red viewport on the front hull. As they are still highly WIP I will wait with adding more lights until the model is almost finished. Red viewport just had to be there and will be on every model.