Sign in to follow this  
BigG35

veydreth allies

I'm looking into the not too distant future and investing into some alliance allies for my veydreth fleet. I have seen people say that they ally easily with sorylians and that tarakians also complement them but I'm just wondering what are peoples opinions on either fleet as an ally. By the way I love the looks of both fleets!

Gary

What Darkjedi said: If you go with Sorylians they'll be your "primary" force. Now in an average size tournament game (1000 points, btw) it's not that hard to make the core and have enough room for a good sized Veydreth contingent but it does mean that once you decide to bring one lizard squadron you're bringing a min. of four (one tier 1, one tier 2, and two tier 3). So to get a good mix and match you better hope your friends want pretty big games.

An all League of Non-Aligned Worlds (Babylon 5 reference)...sorry...Khurak Alliance fleet allows more flexibility in overall list building but does limit you in other ways. Tarakians only have a BB, some cruisers and some frigates. They don't have a dedicated carrier, or a dreadnaught, or destroyers and light cruisers or...you get that one boxed set and no plans (announced anyway) of giving them something else. So while you can mix and match more you'd have to go beyond just Tarakians to get true variety.

So it's a toss up. Pick what you like more and then start thinking about list builds, imo.

Zak

Buy lots of Tarakians and maybe Spartan will be inspired to push more ships out for the coolest and most interesting minor faction since the cat overlords were Stalin'd out of existence.

This post brought to you by the Campaign for Reinforcement of Awesome Projects (Tarakians). SUPPORT CRAPT. Tell Spartan you are a CRAPT backer!

Buy lots of Tarakians and maybe Spartan will be inspired to push more ships out for the coolest and most interesting minor faction since the cat overlords were Stalin'd out of existence.

This post brought to you by the Campaign for Reinforcement of Awesome Projects (Tarakians). SUPPORT CRAPT. Tell Spartan you are a CRAPT backer!

I endorse this.

as veydreth allies i frequently add terquai torp cruisers or ryushi carriers

the terquai torp cruisers syncwell with their high energy  primarys and  the ryushi hel with the one area the veydreth are lacking  by bring SRS into play

The Ryushi definitely bring PD to Veydreth whereas the Tarakians only bring some durability and possible grav weapon movement shenanigans. If facing a torp heavy opponent I'd say Ryushi. If facing a Dindrenzi parking lot then use Tarakians and put your Veydreth in ambush.