FailTruck

First new directorate

It is a very simple scheme.  Took me about 5 hours all in all to assemble and paint the lot.

I started with a black undercoat, then gave them a heavy drybrush of Dark Reaper.  Then a drybrush of Thunderhawk Blue, followed by Etherium Blue.  

For the Grey bits I just chose panels and bits that stuck out and painted them Celestia Grey, then gave them a quick highlight of White Scar.

For the Red, I started with Mephiston Red, gave them a highlight of Wildrider Red, then a tiny little bit of Luggananth Orange.

A few metal bits got a bit of Leadbelcher, very light, almost a drybrush.

The base got a coat of Steel Legion Drab, then a drybrush of Ubshanti Bone.

and done.

simples D:

That's going to look great on the gaming table!

I'm going for a similar scheme to match my FSA Directorate: black base colour, with mostly red and some grey details, along with a bit of purple to represent the corporations snatching Aquans and experimenting on them for tech (my FSA Aquans are purple).

Thanks everyone!.

I have  a Large Aquan Fleet (seen here http://community.spartangames.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9215-my-aquans/) so im sorted for a main fleet and helix but now I am struggling with the choice of:- 

a) do I buy a Directorate fleet to go with my Directore Helix?

B) do I buy a Dindrenzi Core helix to go with my Dindrenzi fleet?

I have a feeling I will probably end up doing both.

TBH when I paint I always consider how they will look on the table from 3ft away rather than up close.  My infantry are a bit of a Monet in the sense that they look good from a distance but up close they are just a series of white blobs with a red bit on top.  The models themselves are quite detailed, but I dont have the skill to really capitalise on that.

TBH when I paint I always consider how they will look on the table from 3ft away rather than up close.  My infantry are a bit of a Monet in the sense that they look good from a distance but up close they are just a series of white blobs with a red bit on top.  The models themselves are quite detailed, but I dont have the skill to really capitalise on that.

This is a very sensible approach: going for the overall look and feel of the force from the standard distance that folks will typically see them. You (well me anyway) also have to factor in the time taken to get troops ready and on the table top.