We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

swastakowey

Fellow Crustaceans, your experience so far?

I do think the Aquan strength lies with destruction rather than objective grabbing. Having the Drone Ace up the sleeve is always useful though. 

They're also pretty decent for finishing off enemy assets, I dropped a squad onto heavy tank and killed it off, damaging its friend in the process. 

have had a few games now and i am finding it hard to win. if i can keep the range open i can do allright in the early game and kill of some things but taking and holding the objectives is proving impossible. last game had the drones in 1st turn then they got blasted and CQBed out(will admit he did roll very well) then in went my Aquan inf and again they got CQBed out. am finding this is the big hole in our force. our inf is weak when compared to others and holding is hard, trying to take it from other already in the objective is next to impossible. all my games so far have been agin good CQB races(Din and Directorate) am finding running and shooting and dodging and hiding does not help in keeping the objectives. and as the game is all about the objectives it is a concern to me (am beggining to look at the Soryilians as an alternative atm

as Anushi has said i think we would do well in games with no objectives or low scoring objectives where we dont need to take them to win

I have a question, how are you guys using your light skimmers, and are you doing Storming CQB correctly? The defenders getting to attack before the attackers do is kinda  big deal when it comes to storming an objective on a building... Beyond that, what keeps blasting them out? Regular CQB if you're already in the building, you should be getting cover saves and they aren't if it's not a storming CQB action..  your Nabis shouldn't exactly be fragile or easy to route compared to most others, without Breacher teams the Nabis DR of 4 is only beaten by Sorylian heavy infantry when compared to others. It's hard to truely try and give advice alas or suggestions/improvements without seeing whole picture, but you're not exactly alone in this boat, Terran hirdmen aren't exactly brilliant speaking from my faction's perspective. 

Aquans are the most maneuverable faction thanks to Hit and Run and Sectored Armor not caring overly about flanks or rears. 

I think the way to play them is to use that maneuverability to destroy targets - especially those attempting to take objectives. Capturing your own objectives seems to be a late game option with destroying targets with Take and Hold as a primary tactic.

use light skimmers to try to hold early objectives to stop the others getting the early jump. a few attacks of 15 from anti personel and CQB of 12 followed by shooting even with cover saves will very quickly kill of all your bases believe me.have never stormed and have only been stormed by NYX which are unstopable

Even Nyx, unless upgraded to breacher teams, will lose a base and maybe even 2 in a storming action against Nabis infantry or even Khitari, they are still DR4 ultimately with no hard target, no cover save and you get to shoot 'em first. Also, the above thing you said that clears out your infantry is what I was going to suggest you use your light recon tanks for... Cover save or no, 16AD that ignores the hard target of infantry will devastate infantry, have you tried keeping the skimmers back to react to enemy infantry deployment instead of sending them forward to try and claim early objective points? Maybe use them to deny the enemy Recon moves, then pull them back and hide them to deal with any infantry that will try to occupy objective buildings? Aka, play a less offensive game, and a more defensive game with your Recon elements. You could also try upgrading Khitari with full 3 Gun Teams, put them on your Tertiary (Your enemy's primary) and then set them on permanent overwatch. Throwing out 12AD with Anti-infantry MAR the moment Nyx or any other infantry show up near them should take out a base on average, a second with some luck, and make you all more prepared to turn back a Storming attack, just try to keep the enemy Light Recon elements away from them.

The Aquan battle line should flow around the enemy, always mindful of an escape route. As far as I'm concerned, if your running out of room your probably playing on too small a table! 

Have an anti-infantry unit available at all times, a turkey gunship, aquan small skimmers, aquan infantry armed with fieldguns.... all good.... and use to purge the infested objectives!  

Although really, the only thing we have that can purge from a safe distance is the turkey gunship, and here in lies its value. 

I really do believe that rushing forward to take objectives just looses us victory points 

Nope, all but 1 game i've played have been at 3000 points or bigger. Only 1 game has been at 2000pts, and while it was on a 6 x 4 board (which is still a proper side as far as i'm concerned), it was against didrenzi who have similar benefits to us when it comes to long ranged combat, and can just drop (don't tell the lawyers) space marines on top of us. 

I'd say it's mostly a initiative game. both are cat and mouse forces, the fishes lighter but with shields ans the din more aggressive. same speeds, both hit and run.

For the Din, a wise use of the Eris+Circe squadron will win or lose the game. And good placement of drop zones.

I'd say it's mostly a initiative game. both are cat and mouse forces, the fishes lighter but with shields ans the din more aggressive. same speeds, both hit and run.

For the Din, a wise use of the Eris+Circe squadron will win or lose the game. And good placement of drop zones.

Wouldn't that make them more Cat, Mouse and Fish forces? ;-)

Sadly I don't like the Kratos too much, it's more of a assault tank instead of a battle tank. I'd rather tweak it to be shorter ranged, with heavier firepower or improve it's 36'' shooting.
The circe will be limited in it's movement if its chained to the 8 mov kratos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.