We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

swastakowey

Fellow Crustaceans, your experience so far?

Yep, though I think pulling from the old v1.5 rulebook that very close together small buildings could be considered a compound (one large building) would be a good idea. Just so one is not calling "no LOS" by bouncing five bases between multiple small buildings that could only hold one base(physically) every turn.

Actually in theory you can clown car infinite friendly squadrons from what I just read, only limit I see is you can't fit a friendly and enemy in the same building. This may need remedied.  :wacko:

Yep, though I think pulling from the old v1.5 rulebook that very close together small buildings could be considered a compound (one large building) just so one is not calling "no LOS" by bouncing five bases between multiple small buildings that could only hold one base(physically) every turn.

Actually in theory you can clown car infinite friendly squadrons from what I just read, only limit I see is you can't fit a friendly and enemy in the same building. This may need remedied.  :wacko:

Im fairly sure its one squad per building?

But the building size matters not, the bigger building just means that unit has a bigger area of control? 

Im fairly sure its one squad per building?

But the building size matters not, the bigger building just means that unit has a bigger area of control? 

Never states one squad per building, only limitation I can see is you can't occupy a building already occupied by an enemy. Which honestly is broken as hell.

Player 1 *Move 1st infantry squadron into building.*

Player 2 *Move Transport near building, CQB, Etc*

P1 *Move 2nd infantry squadron into building.*

P2 *disembark troops* "I'm storming the building!"

P1 "Which Squadron?"

P2 "YOU ****!"

---P2 can't take the building without performing 2 storming CQB actions. The first of which will provoke 2 CQB actions from P1.---

Yeah, Delboy himself has stated that only a single Squadron of Infantry may Occupy a building, no matter the building size. This does seem odd and unrealistic, but at the same time keeps the game flowing smooth and quick without necessitating a heap of extra rules to cover multiple Squadrons Occupying a building.

Yeah, Delboy himself has stated that only a single Squadron of Infantry may Occupy a building, no matter the building size. This does seem odd and unrealistic, but at the same time keeps the game flowing smooth and quick without necessitating a heap of extra rules to cover multiple Squadrons Occupying a building.

Well until we have an official errata I know I'm going to be careful demoing to 40k players... cause RAW it's unlimited. My Spartan gamers will be fine, GW players? It's a tourney exploit. Hell one of them even an errata won't fix.

Hence 'goal', not expectation.

And some rule sets are extremely focused on being as perfect as you can get by removing all loop holes. Take for example Star Fleet Battles. That rule book is a monstrosity to read because it's like reading how to do taxes, but there is a sub point for every rules interaction. They updated it for something like 15-20 years to get it to the current iteration. 

It CAN be done.

More importantly it should be every game designer's hope that their rules are so tight that there is never a question about them. Unlikely - but it should be the dream.

Just gonna point out this is turning into a debate on rules and getting a bit off topic.

To bring it back to a related topic; I am having trouble with using the Aquan Heavy as the troop transport, it does somewhat put the most expensive asset into rather unnecessary danger where it would be best positioned far away from the enemy duelling from afar.  

I have not played yet... so much resin to paint! but i do wonder that as well.. i assume the heavy is to get your troops to the 'tertiary' objective and on paper at least it looks like we need terquai to take the primary one... of course this may change when the air cushion hits the grass

I have not played yet... so much resin to paint! but i do wonder that as well.. i assume the heavy is to get your troops to the 'tertiary' objective and on paper at least it looks like we need terquai to take the primary one... of course this may change when the air cushion hits the grass

thats what I did, had my drones hold the center while my heavies released the aquan infantry to releave the survivors and solidify my hold of the objective. 

Pretty much I held them in there for late game. 

Yeah, I've changing my 3000pt list and reducing the infantry units to 3 bases each, focus on the recon skimmers and droens to take objectives, and use the cheap infantry to take small objectives/last minute objectives during the end game. Biggest mistake i think i've made in a game was moving my Heavies forward to CQB/ murderise some interceptors and letting them be flanked by enemy recon tanks. 

Plus remember all, we do have a very limited scope for tactics at the moment, limited to only the Core Helix and the ally Helix. Granted this is probably all we'll have to work with until other helixs start coming, but i'm guessing options for taking and holding objectives will open up over time. :) But for now, the heavy drone infantry do make exceptional unit for taking and holding an objective, they're tough buggers to dig out once nestled into a location.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.