We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

swastakowey

Fellow Crustaceans, your experience so far?

Havent got my stuff yet, but im lusting for information and tips.

Hows the Aquans doing in games so far?

If no games how do they look to be doing?

Anybody used them with the Terquai yet? 

Speaking of Terquai, how do they fare?

Any tactics that stand out?

Tips on building, playing and so on?

I NEED INFORMATION!

Cheers guys. 

Fast seems to be the first thing I noticed from the rule book, add in hit and run and crystals. Aquans seem to be fencers the directorate seem more like a broadsword.

The terquai seem to rely on drones more as the portals can only be used by inorganic troops.

I'm really curious about peoples expereicne with various units.... especially the Allied Recon Helix.....

How do people like to use them? I'm thinking about keeping in reserve until enemy AA can be knocked out, then bringing on the gunship to secure objectives and eliminate infantry. How effective are the drones at take and hold?

Thoughts?

Talking as an up and coming executive of the Directorate; those Drones are amazing at holding! Last week my mate Mikey managed to get thh teleporter gate in my deployment zone and his drones in a building and his primary objective. They are probably stil there now! I felt you were sold short with the recon helix's (Orks Raptor are brutal) but I see how good the Terq are when it comes to holding objectives.

Knocking out AA is a great idea and as our AA unit is also an APC, you cannot go wrong there.

Generally the Aquans are a subtle scalple and have the tools to really wreck face. One of the dirtier tactics I have seen is dropping crystals on buildings for full 360 view.

One of the dirtier tactics I have seen is dropping crystals on buildings for full 360 view.

With Buildings being Impassable to all Non-Infantry Models and any Model finding themselves in Impassable Terrain for any reason being immediately destroyed...is this tactic possible?

Does "...in Impassable Terrain for any reason..." equate to "...on Impassable Terrain for any reason..."?

Hmm. I am sure a mineral outcrop could survive that! You have a point there. That does mean that Aquans are at a massive disadvantage in a cityfight as at least 3 of their units could die horribly on a scatter!

Is it Moving into or Finding themselves in?

I ask because Teleporters Missle Clams and Crystals do not move.

Hmm. I am sure a mineral outcrop could survive that! You have a point there. That does mean that Aquans are at a massive disadvantage in a cityfight as at least 3 of their units could die horribly on a scatter!

Is it Moving into or Finding themselves in?

I ask because Teleporters Missle Clams and Crystals do not move.

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked;

Page 75 > Terrain Types > Impassable > Last Sentence;

"Models that find themselves in Impassable Terrain for any reason are immediately Destroyed".

As you mention, this, plus they lose a lot of their freedom of movement due to not being able to hover over buildings would make city fight style boards more difficult for Aquans. 

Yeah Planetfall takes the smart move unlike most wargames. Models are never put inside a terrain piece, always on top to represent occupying. Never have to cram, scratch, and break models into terrain and you always know where your units are. Also I believe infantry do get bonuses to LOS for being in a building (pg75 Elevated) though this seems to only apply to multistory buildings(PG 77.) Think house ruling will happen to count single story buildings as armoured.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.