MaxToreador

Marauders, ideas?

By all the deities in all mythos and religions we know it will be forever till we see Omnidyne, the Path, or the Syndicate hit the table and this topic is bare. So... we might as well throw out ideas for the Spartan staff to read when they get to the point of making rules. Think of this thread as a way to jumpstart their muse when they begin work and fight the game writer's block once they get going.

Biggest thing I think is going to be how Pathogen will work, heck might even need it's own thread. However, I'm not sure I have any path ideas yet.

Omnidyne? Well top of my list is a huge artillery tank that fires pods of the assault robots. How? In short, some variant of drop troop mechanics.

Synd... the Fett in me says Space Limos and Mercs.

Omnidyne? Well top of my list is a huge artillery tank that fires pods of the assault robots. How? In short, some variant of drop troop mechanics.

Hmmm, I like this! Have a medium sized Omnidyne tank that looks like an M270 (See below) give it "Drone Nexus" and "Sky Drop Nexus (Assault Robot Drones Only, #) " that pairs up with Assault Robot Drone Infantry that have "Drone" and don't give them "Take and Hold" for balance purposes perhaps?

MLRS_05.jpg

Oh, I've been thinking about this! I'd really love a Pathogen ground force, because I think they're actually a really awesome idea. Close enough to the Flood to carry the whole terrifying infection vibe, but unique enough to not be basically the same thing.

I've always thought that their infantry would be a lot like the Relthozan infantry, in that they're actually a whole bunch of smaller weaker infantrymen. They should have high CQB stats but low armour. Then maybe some infected Terran mechs for the heavy hitters.

I feel like they should utilize lots of aircraft, and they should be really gross and tentacly. Their heavy vehicles should be primarily used for inserting Pathogen infantry deep into enemy lines. Their lighter vehicles should be very fast and maneuverable, to get their weaponry into position to hit the enemy in vulnerable areas.

I feel like their ground vehicles ought to be mostly fast skimmers with pretty good firing arcs. They should have very powerful close-ranged weaponry with excellent CQB guns, but they should also have average DR/CR stats and no shields or other defensive measures but the hard target stuff that all skimmers get. Actually, that should be true for every Pathogen vehicle.

They should also make use of lots of skydrops, but very little artillery.

And finally: each time Pathogen infantry defeat a vehicle in CQB, it should be replaced by a "captured" large medium or small.

Personally I think Pathogen would be interesting to split into two styles. "Pure Pathogen" the highly evolved command/specialty units and the battlefield acquisitions. The way I see it the planetary assault tactics for Pathogen are likely to be along the lines of dropping an invasion node with a command element and a few Pure Pathogen "bodyguards" with the grunts of the force quickly being built from biomatter and tech assimilated onsite.

I would start to do the oroshans,

in Armada they are the universal mercenaries,and I used them to start new factions and fill their ranks with mercenaries.

I would do the same in planetfall, ;-)

playstyle wise they should be very agressive (high CQB) and should have some Special rules if both sides field them,

a Kind of hatred rule between Clans, which would result in very bloody fights between them.

Of the marauders it's likely Omnidyne is earlier on the list. They plug easily into Directorate as allies so the release of the core for them is secondary just like the natural allies we already have. I also seem to remember one of the other marauders has close ties to a Kurak force. Aquan / Syndicate ?