Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robanes

Robanes' Legions

Very nice! I love that drone controller model!

Me too. Makes me think of a WW2 era engineer or similar.

Automata are done!

gallery_4795_901_350563.jpg

In my GW days I collected Necrons, so this was very familiar territory for me. They weren't that bad to assemble; I could probably stand to put together ten more eventually.

As such, here's my complete Iron Scorpion Covenant of Antarctica force:

med_gallery_4795_901_361874.jpg

It's a little smaller than the French because I got Legionnaires as my pre-order upgrade.

Speaking of Iron Scorpion, here are the two objectives I was randomly allocated in my order:

med_gallery_4795_901_131133.jpg

Painting these was a fun side project. I'm still considering whether I ought to add a little grass to them.

Finally, here's a sneak peek:

med_gallery_4795_901_279805.jpg

He's essentially done apart from the base. He was enjoyable to paint; I applied what I'd learnt painting the Antarctican Officer to do a job on the uniform with which I was happy. I've also referred heavily to Robin Carey's original artwork, as found here: http://robin-carey.deviantart.com/art/Dystopian-Wars-Antartican-General-295264563

Once Schneider's base is done, I'll only have his scenic base and this Unter Marshal left to paint, and then I'm completely caught up with Legions. They're both already undercoated.

I'm more inclined towards building an Antarctican force having painted these models, when initially I was not especially interested in the faction. I was thinking, do we know virtually everything that's due to eventually be released for them? We've seen models of the HMG equivalent, Iron Men, special character Alfonso Bertonello, and the Xenophon heavy ironclad, as well as renders of more Drone Controllers, the Support Rotor Drone (I think) and the Field Gun equivalent. And we know of the existence of "Myrmidon" Jetpack Troops. Apart from a possible Cavalry option and another Officer (I'm guessing a Jetpack one) and Special Character, that would more or less bring them in line with the existing Major Powers, would it not? Interesting times ahead.

So when it came to take photos today, I realised I'd accidentally left the camera switched on overnight and that the battery had completely expired. But then I realised, "Hey, didn't I fork out for this top of the line smartphone the other day? That has a good camera, right?" Turns out yes, it does. This is what happens when one has never owned a smartphone before.

Warmaster Schneider!
gallery_4795_901_151468.jpg

The back of Warmaster Schneider!

gallery_4795_901_16038.jpg

Warmaster Schneider's special base!
gallery_4795_901_200733.jpg

Warmaster Schneider with a staff of Commandos!
gallery_4795_901_249010.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how he's turned out.

Now I literally only have the Unter Marshal to go, and he's nearly done.

I still haven't had a chance for a game but now that the Antarcticans and French are finally both finished I might try out some Iron Scorpion scenarios when I get the opportunity.

And finally...
gallery_4795_901_53632.jpg

My second Unter Marshal is done. I believe I've now painted every single Dystopian Legions model that I own.

Here are both of my Unter Marshals together:
med_gallery_4795_901_65532.jpg

And here are all of my Teutonic Knights u(k)ni(gh)ted:

gallery_4795_901_125462.jpg

At last my Knights from the V1 Prussian Starter have someone to lead them. I think my favourite part of this one was painting the little pressure gauge on the new Unter Marshal's chestplate, which I hadn't done that way before. Whose benefit is that for? His squire?

That's it, now. No more Legions left to paint.

I've enjoyed posting again over the last few weeks and contributing to the quiet life of the Legions forum. I'll still be around, of course, but I won't have any photos of new models to show off for a while as I'll be painting other companies' models until I'm all caught up. After that I'm not sure what I'll do, although it's probably going to be American Federal Infantry or some additional Antarcticans.

I still haven't had a chance for a game but I'll try to do a battle report when I do, if I can remember to take the photos.

I really like the look of the forthcoming DWars Svarog Class Robot and I hope Russians make their debut in Legions before too long. I know we've already seen their infantry types, but I definitely wouldn't say no to something in the Svarog's style in Legions.

Looking good! So your painting journey for Legions will end here :(

I hope Spartan Games will bring out more models so that you can paint more :P

Me too!

But I'll get some more Legions soon enough. There are Version 2 sets that I want. But I have a lot of Fallschirmjäger to paint, and after that Commandos, Knights, Dwarfs...

It's a curious thing that (and I think I can speak for people beyond myself here) we often have such desire to own models, but once we have them sometimes we struggle to actually get them ready for what we wanted them for. That's consumerism for you ;)

I see my painting made it into the newsletter! Thanks to whoever did that.

Under the name "Robane" apparently :P

Lorenzo (and perhaps others) will be pleased to know that I'll be putting together a battle report soon. Finally had a game the other day and took plenty of photos.

Congrats Robanes on your publication in the newsletter. Really nice to see your knights in the newsletter and it is additional support towards Legions :)

(P.S. I will support your Prussian Empire side soon....I became a Covenant Traitor :ph34r: ....Forgive me Sturgeon and Giles....I'm so sorry :P)

(P.S. I will support your Prussian Empire side soon....I became a Covenant Traitor :ph34r: ....Forgive me Sturgeon and Giles....I'm so sorry :P)

Don't worry Lorenzo, I'm expecting some Antarctican reinforcements as either a birthday or Christmas gift after the fortuitous sale at my local shop, so it all evens out in the end :D

Thank you Robanes for keeping the Balance ;)

I use the PE together with the KoB as a demo army and for 30 euros I purchased 3 old Starter sets and the Mad Doctor. I was like: GIVE ME THAT NOW! I LOVE THAT DEAL! So now I have a PE Blitzkrieg platoon and a nice little demo army for Legions at my LGS

Congrats Robanes on your publication in the newsletter. Really nice to see your knights in the newsletter and it is additional support towards Legions :)

As long as no national secrets are leaked... :P

So I've got some fresh Commandos to assemble, and given that I must have assembled the last lot about a year ago I wanted to ask - does anyone have any tips on putting these guys together? Four or them are more or less fine but the arms of the running one and the advancing one just end in deformed stumps instead of pins with matching holes. Furthermore, the arms don't really seem to sit flush with the relevant shoulder/elbow joint. If they're flush with the shoulder, the other arm is nowhere near the elbow, and if flush with the elbow the shoulder only goes together at a slight edge with a big gap in between.

I don't own green stuff or anything.

Something I'm missing or are these just a bit messy at the joins?

It has been a year for me too, but as far as I remember the arms were fairly nicely sculpted (and posed). I don't think I've had to use putty for any Legions models since my Landwehr conversion...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.