We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

swastakowey

No Aquan Topics...

I noticed all factions have at least one topic going around, except Aquans. One of the first major factions for Planetfall to be released... 

After a bit of reading I thought it may be cool to get a summery of Aquan rules or tricks that we know we are getting. 

The only 2 I know are:

Beams do 1 extra damage

We can shoot around corners

Hover Tanks

What else can we do?

I'm curious how they can shoot around corners. I know they use the crsytal shards, but how?

Do they allow the angle to change, or is it more like a relay system? So your tank shoots the crystal, and the crystal absorbs it and shoots the target.

Ok, so im not sure if I can explain this good... But I imagined since their beams seem to be fired from crystals maybe they can extend the crystal thingy so it sticks around the corner and fires at the angle they wish. 

Or better but maybe more wasteful, they a crystal drone thingy ahead of them so it can "see" around the corner. Then they use that crystal drone to target their target and then they fire their beam into that crystal effectively firing around corners? Just have spare drones and a Squad can effectively shoot around corners with minor loss in power and a curacy. 

But yea im not too sure, just how I imagined it. 

Added hover craft to the list. 

*HOLY COW A NEW POST!*

I was thinking of it being like this: Gunship flies overhead and drops a dark crystal on the battlefield farther up the war front. Aquan forces can take potshots at it and the energy gets absorbed and fractured and reflected in different directions. 

Now the question I have is if we'll have choice over where the corner fire is going to go or will be an AoE attack... 

Makes me remember this scene...

toy2story229-1024x576.jpg

The problem with your idea though, is there is a lot more that can go wrong. Like the ship being downed, or the crystal simply being targeted up field by the enemy. They would also have to be placed in a way that allows all beams to shoot around corners. A lot more complicated and a lot that can go wrong.

I personally think the drone idea I put forth has the most practicality behind it. Less can go wrong and you can simply launch a spare drone from one of the tanks if it were eliminated. 

From reading the gubbins around

I think it's more a case of - place / drop the crystal node token thingy - then shoot a beam into it & you can then use that node thingy as line of sight to shoot from - as one of the upgrades/options for the node is an Ack Ack node - so you place the node with ackack u/g and soot a beam into it & target flyers.

how I imagine it anyway

From reading the gubbins around

I think it's more a case of - place / drop the crystal node token thingy - then shoot a beam into it & you can then use that node thingy as line of sight to shoot from - as one of the upgrades/options for the node is an Ack Ack node - so you place the node with ackack u/g and soot a beam into it & target flyers.

how I imagine it anyway

Really? Hmmm I must have the wrong idea completely then. I thought those cystals in the box were AA crystal gun things. Because the spartan guys said somewhere that they got hacked in a test game to fire at friendly Aquans. 

Really? Hmmm I must have the wrong idea completely then. I thought those cystals in the box were AA crystal gun things. Because the spartan guys said somewhere that they got hacked in a test game to fire at friendly Aquans. 

I could be wrong

I haven't read every post - so only picked up on a few things & then made the rest up to what sounded feasable to me

But only a couple days now to see how it actually is

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.