Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roadkizzle

Legions 2.0 Battlescribe Repository

Greetings everybody. In an attempt to help people get to grips with the new stats and army lists I've been working for the last half a week or so fixing up Battlescribe data files for Dystopian Legions 2.0.

I'm not entirely sure how best to distribute them, but for now I have it uploaded on Google Drive.

I have the current Orbats including I believe the changes from the most recent Iron Scorpion update. I'm sure there are still bugs in it that'll need to be fixed, and I'm not sure if I have all of the overall platoon structure working properly... But feel free to play around with building lists and let me know what I need to change.

DL Repository

Sweet! Don't have my bs installed on phone after restoring it, but having a sweet repository for easy army building is always neat. Especially that apps and programs like that allow you to build lists with no effort anytime.

Wish someone made a template for iOS' quartermaster tho, given that I always use my iPad for wargaming be it as a stat/codex or quick access to army lists.

Anyway, will give some feedback when I try it out!

My first bit of Feedback:

When I add an Infantry Section to a Prussian Infantry Officer, it starts with six soldiers and I cannot reduce the count.   Should be 0-6, and it worked for FSA, RoF and CoA.  

Based on my limited knowledge of how BS files are set up I suspect it has to do with the min selections for the section specific to the Officer.

Everything else has worked fine, by the way, so excellent work.

New to Battlescribe and can't seem to find a 'Copy Link Address' that will work for this. I've gotten other files for other games off of other web site that work fine.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong with this one??

I've uploaded a new revision with the Prussian Officers command squad fix.

The only link I know is the one that Google Drive shares with. I normally use Battlescribe on my android phone so I do is download it from Drive and open it and it knows that Battlescribe looks for the .bsr files.

I don't think this link will work, but it's always a shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2zj0uCD9sRaTY2RHhGWUtfVzg/view?usp=sharing

Found an interesting bug with the version available on 6th Dec.  In the PE army list, when you select a Grenadier assualt squad and outfit them with anti tank mines the cost of the grenadiers drop to 3 points each.

Thank you.   Found another bug.  The luftlancers, when you select them as veterans instead of regulars the price increases by 1 when it should be 10.

Wow - fantastic job guys! Really good stuff.  I downloaded battlescribe because of you! :D

Quick question for someone who's new to it - does it update itself, or do I need to download the data again?

Cheers,

Giles.

That is the idea, but so far in my testing I've not figured out how to upload the repository so that Battlescribe can download its own updates.

I've tried uploading the Repository to both Google Drive and Dropbox, but with the links they provide I haven't seemed to be able to get Battlescribe on my devices to update.

Battlescribe says that they use GitHub for their own repositories, but after trying for multiple hours I could not figure out how to use it at all to upload the data files so the repository could be handled by the app.

Hey Roadkizzle - I've worked on the Battlescribe files for Planetfall and helped with the files for Firestorm Armada.

I could try to help you get the legion files on Github. Its got a learning curve and isn't intuitive, so I feel your pain.

PM me if you are up for it!

Hi all

I'm a huge fan of battlescribe and wanted to check if these files are up to date (the update from 23rd March)

if not is there anyway some of us could update them and get them into github?

Mike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.