Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solvok

Bases size?

Infantry are on 30mm round lipped bases

officers and veterans are on 40mm round lipped

and formerly HMG were on 50mm round lipped however the french HMG in Codename comes with a 40mm round lipped base.

the field guns have square bases somewhere around 10cm by 6cm but that's only a guess from memory.

Infantry are on 30mm round lipped bases

officers and veterans are on 40mm round lipped

and formerly HMG were on 50mm round lipped however the french HMG in Codename comes with a 40mm round lipped base.

the field guns have square bases somewhere around 10cm by 6cm but that's only a guess from memory.

Tankettes come with rectangular bases as well. Don't know if they are the same size as the Field gun ones though, as I don't own any field guns (yet!! ;) ). 

In general it is quite easy though. Models need the bases they come with.

In the new 2-player starter it are your lieutenants that need the larger bases as well as the HMG.

How many of what size bases are in the IS box. It says there are 41 models in the box. I have only 36 bases. 3 x 40mm and 33 x 30mm. I'm not sure if I'm missing any or not.

You're missing one 30mm base, I had the same packing error, before you email spartan check you have everything else, I was missing 6 other bits.

You should also have three small clear square bases. making 3 + 3 + 34 = 40 bases.

The box outright lies that it contains 41 models, it contains 40. The box counts the HMG and the HMG gunner (who both go onto the same base) as separate models. Which given that they glue together and can't be based separately is just unreasonable.

The HMG and gunner go on one of the 40mm bases as do the two officers, the three drone skimmers go on the small flying bases and then with an extra 30mm base you should have enough to base all of your models.

But if they took the HMGs down to 40mm bases then we would have to rebase ours even if they're on the bases that first came with the models... Because now the HMGs are supposed to come with a different base.

Though it would make sense all HMG have the same base size, there's also no reason why they should. Unless there is a rule that says all HMG have to be put on a 40mm base (or a 50mm base), the French can be an exception.

This being said, we can always put it in our FAQ we want to see SG answering? I however can't see SG say we have to rebase all our models, nor that the base for the 2-player starter HMG was an error.  ;)

Sergeants have always been on 30mm bases like the rest of the unit :s

Here is my attempt to get the model to fit onto the provided base:

DystopianlegionsCodenameIronScorpian60_z

Both the HMG and the gunner extend over the rear of the base... I've sent spartan an email asking for a photo of the constructed model as I must be doing it wrong.

Hadn't noticed that photo in the booklet, yeah that's definatly a 50mm base, they also press the u shaped bit flat allowing it to fit under the gunner.

I'll have another go at building him tomorrow but I don't see it improving much.

spartan are willing to send us another booklet, why not a base.

I'm just going to put mine on a 50mm base, it has little to no game effect, and I'm not rebasing my other models to be the same!

I would like to do the same, where do you find 50mm bases? I couldn't find them in the part shop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.