Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

projectmanhatten5

RoF Sub Forum is Up

Nice to see it appear, I've been looking forward to France ever since I saw that Legionnaire concept art back when I first got into DL. Asked for a second squad with my Iron Scorpion pre-order upgrade, looking forward to making a sizeable force of the Republique.

I know in the Dystopian World they're on the same side but I think I may be tempted to recreate the sci-fi/steampunk version of the Franco-Prussian/French-German War at some point!

Probably a light transport with no guns, maybe open topped, armour of around 5/6 and a couple of HP.

Basically a first turn mobility scooter to get you in position when you really wouldn't be doing anything else anyway, so that second turn you can roll up, jump out and blitz a targer. I reckon that my line squads will slog it on foot since they have good ranged weapons and turn one can run about as fast as I need them to go, turn two they can either hold position if they are in the right place or move and shoot. Trucks will be for Marines and so on, elite units with short range hitting power.

I am more interested in 1) the other Legionnaire types we can get, we have Battle already, probably a HMG section and an assault section with no HMG option but a choice to take an additional LMG or maybe another rifle grenade. Really the former would be preferable as we already have a section that can take three rifle grenades, though an additional one would give even your basic Legionnaires ferocious anti-tank capability. An officer with a Boiset with a command squad with two Boiset's doing "With Me!" on a Legionnaire squad with two Boisets rolls 15 Red anti-ironclad at 16" with move and fire capability plus whatever other guns you have (probably another 2 blue from the LMG in each squad, and then another two plus six black dice if you don't take the HMG).

So that's 15 red, 2 blue and six black, which averages about 16-17 successes and therefore with AP (1) from the Boisets is almost enough to knock out even a fully fledged Battle Tank Ironclad like the Terrier or Ki-Ho in a single activation, plus being able to move and not at bad range either. And that's line infantry and command squads, never mind Marines and whatever field gun etc the French get. Pretty great!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.